Music stops during search

EZEd

EZEd

This is mostly just an annoying nit/nag and likely is a fault of Android TV more than Emby but just wanted to see if anyone else has the same...

If I'm playing music (especially queuing up music randomly) and I go to search for more song names or artists, when I enter the search bar on Android TV, the microphone takes over and stops the music.  Even if I'm going to type the search criteria it assumes that I am using voice search and stops the music.  Is this an Android/Google default?  Can it be defeated somewhere in Android for the use case of Emby?  Or can it be controlled in Emby anywhere to not use voice search and use keyboard only or maybe just defeat voice search while music or video is playing and use keyboard only?  Just wondering.

Hi.  Yeah, that would be Android doing that.  If you disallow the microphone (recording) permission to the Emby app then it should no longer present the voice search.

EZEd

Okay thanks ebr. Hopefully doing so won't impose any other idiosyncrasies onto Emby operation.