Artist match difficulty

Hoverman1973

Hoverman1973

Running 4.7 beta and still have a hard time matching music artists.  Common artists are not matched automatically and manually searching gives me a list of 5 or 6 of the same artist with no other identifying text so I have to just pick one at random and hope it works.

Putting at least some secondary text under each artist in the search result would be a big help.

Deathsquirrel
14 minutes ago, Hoverman1973 said:

Running 4.7 beta and still have a hard time matching music artists.  Common artists are not matched automatically and manually searching gives me a list of 5 or 6 of the same artist with no other identifying text so I have to just pick one at random and hope it works.

Putting at least some secondary text under each artist in the search result would be a big help.

If you run the music through picard it should tag the artists correctly as long as your music is in their database.  You said this is happening with common artists so I expect your content should match pretty reliable.

Hoverman1973

Well it matched 90 percent of my artists but then wouldn't match Queen (and other well known artists) for some reason. Not an obscure band.  I go to identify and six Queen entries come up with colored circles and no way to tell which is the one I want.

Edited by Hoverman1973

4 hours ago, Hoverman1973 said:

Well it matched 90 percent of my artists but then wouldn't match Queen (and other well known artists) for some reason. Not an obscure band.  I go to identify and six Queen entries come up with colored circles and no way to tell which is the one I want.

The musicbrainz search api does not provide a whole lot of detail, so that's why you see that. Usually the first one will be the best match. We can add the musicbrainz id into the results which will help you identify which is which.

• Like 1