Changing font size in Emby Theater app main screen ?

LordGero7

LordGero7

Hey - Any way to adjust the font size, and perhaps even the image size of the Primary Image for each series or section in the Windows Emby Theater app? The font size seems pleasant in the server  app/web 'Home' page, but the text is too big in the Windows Emby Theater app used to play things. I would very much like to reduce the size a bit, especially of the text.

Can I adjust this? Please note I DO NOT mean subtitles, just Theater listing pages, HOME and category pages, all the listings text basically.

Please let me know when you have a moment. Thanks.

Garo

LordGero7

Hey - Any way to adjust the font size, and perhaps even the image size of the Primary Image for each series or section in the Windows Emby Theater app? The font size seems pleasant in the server  app/web 'Home' page, but the text is too big in the Windows Emby Theater app used to play things. I would very much like to reduce the size a bit, especially of the text.

Can I adjust this? Please note I DO NOT mean subtitles, just Theater listing pages, HOME and category pages, all the listings text basically.

Please let me know when you have a moment. Thanks.

Garo

Hi, it's currently not possible but it's something we plan to add in future updates. thanks.

Hi, One thing you may want to take a look at in Theater is the display mode.
image.thumb.png.dc72c449f3020350d1b8ddc16ccbfa13.png

Maybe changing it to desktop if not attached to a TV is better?
You could try the different settings to see if this is any better overall for you.

Let us know if this helps or did nothing for you.

That's right, yes. Make sure to check the display mode option in Emby Theater and configure it based on your usage. Thanks.

LordGero7

Well, I feel like Display mode is more for the way videos are 'displayed' during playback. I tried it anyway, but did not notice any change.

Since I often play stuff on a 32-43 inch UHD monitor directly on a PC, the current default is just a little too big. Maybe 6 feet away on a 65 inch UHD it would look better, but I am not quite there yet :)

I think a good alternative/basic size would be the same size as the server home page. 

To be able to adjust this - the thumbnails and text - even between a few basic available sizes would be nice.

No worries. Thanks for the reply.

Setting the display mode from tv to desktop will result in a very significant change.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Can I bump this post ... As I'd really like to see font-scaling added to the desktop, the current situation with Fonts makes the app desktop app un-useable. I've got a WUHD monitor (5120x2160) and the text is unreadable.  Normally text-zooming (i.e. Win/CMD and "+" keys)  can fix this, but the Emby client doesn't seem to support it.

Is this in the roadmap any time soon?

Thanks 

6 hours ago, MaaTV said:

Can I bump this post ... As I'd really like to see font-scaling added to the desktop, the current situation with Fonts makes the app desktop app un-useable. I've got a WUHD monitor (5120x2160) and the text is unreadable.  Normally text-zooming (i.e. Win/CMD and "+" keys)  can fix this, but the Emby client doesn't seem to support it.

Is this in the roadmap any time soon?

Thanks 

Hi, it's certainly possible for future updates. Thanks for the feedback.