Two problems after upgrade to 4.6.1.0

paddy75

paddy75

Hello all,

I have two Emby server installed on a Synology inside docker on two locations. With the older version I had no problems. I copied the "collection folder" from the first Synology to the second one to have on both the same content. Since this folder has moved now to the metadata directory, this this not working right anymore. I deleted all my collections and recreated them to have all the content in the new directory "metadata". Then I copied it to the second one, rescaned the metadata directory. Some collections were displayed with the correct content, ohters are missing. Also when I rescan the media library nothing happend. Update the metadata (search for missing or replace all) are not successfull too. The new nfo files for each movie are also the same. Has anyone a solution for this or try to do the same?

My second problem is the performance. On both systems when I click on "collections" for example I must wait up to 5 minutes after they are displayed. The startpage has the same problem. Only the the menu is loading, and the reamaining entries (watch next ect.) are not loaded. Refreshing the startpage helps somtimes but not always.

Hope someone has any idea

Hi, mind if I ask why you're running two versions of Emby in 2 docker containers on a NAS?

Are these normal collections as "Boxsets" or custom collections with dozens to hundreds of media files?
Asked a different way are these system generated collections or manual collections?

paddy75

Hello,

the NAS are on two diffrent sides and connected by VPN. The content gets copied when on the source NAS new stuff is present. On the remote side the internet connection is not very good so a streaming is not possible.

The collections is a mixery of both. Some are generated automatically and some manually. On the remote side emby is configured to read only the nfo files and do not scrap it by its own. All of this was working with the older version without any problem.

Now I did a new clean installation on both NAS. Collections seems to work now but the performance is not good. Little bit faster as after the upgrade but not the same speed as with the older version.  Sometimes the start pages comes up directly but in most cases only the menue (movies, series etc.) is displayed and nothing else is happen. When i click on the collections menue it takes up to 30 seconds until the content is visible. When it is loded for the first time everything seems ok and it is displayed faster.

Hi, the 4.6 release should be much faster than 4.5. Have you upgraded to 4.6.2 and run a full library scan?

paddy75

Hi,
after the first try i did a complete new installation and restored my settings with configuration backup. Library was scaned completly after this and also did it manually

paddy75

hope that it will be faster with the next update. The problem still exists after the clean installation and restore from the backup

1 hour ago, paddy75 said:

hope that it will be faster with the next update. The problem still exists after the clean installation and restore from the backup

Please attach the emby server log from when you thought it was slow. Thanks.