4.6.1. after update - big problems with playlists

letterman

letterman

The playlist behaviour is totally buggy after update.

After update & full library scan all playlists seems to be fine, but they are not. The artists are not shown & sometimes the small preview pics are missing.
Metadata referesh etc does not help. Removing songs from playlist and adding them again does not help.
Even worse: after deleting a song it is impossible to add it again to any playlist.

THE ONLY SOLUTION right now is:

- REMOVE the file from filestructure
- perform library scan
- RENAME the filename (no change in tags)
- Add the file again to filestructre
- library scan again
- after that: adding the song to the playlist works fine (Name, Artist, adding, deleting etc perfectly)

So, there must be a bug in the database, which is connected with the filename.
Because if you add the filename without renaming again, the same problem appears.

But I cannot delete, rename and import all files again.

Please help.1129829323_playlistbuggy.jpg.39ab907806cee4426c10e85b0af95193.jpg

playlist ok.jpg

Hi, how were the playlists created originally?
Were these playlists created manually or by m3u files?

It's nothing to do with playlists. The music library gets rescanned, however there are a couple sporadic reports of obsolete items being left in the database.

We will look into this. If you're willing to remove your music library altogether, do a full scan of all libraries to clean out the database and then add it back, this will resolve it.

• Thanks 1

letterman

Luke, my library has tons of files (5 GB) - your recommended procedure would take a least 2x 168(!) hours = 14+ days rescan (2 times, first delete, then again) and all' my playlists & collections must be manually edited afterwards. This means a terrible desaster. and should not be the "solution" after an update 😉

It would be gorgeous if you find a way to solve it. Maybe with an e.g. maintaince tool?

If you want to wait until the 4.6.2 release next week it might help. There were some cleanup routines that I had removed that I thought weren't needed anymore. I'll also have them back up on the beta channel tonight.

• Like 2

letterman

Luke, thank you so much! No prob waiting to 4.6.2, but of course I will try the beta and give feedback. I appreciate your work very much. 

letterman
23 hours ago, letterman said:

Luke, thank you so much! No prob waiting to 4.6.2, but of course I will try the beta and give feedback. I appreciate your work very much. 

Thx. Also this topic solved here:

• Like 1