HELP - Where have my "Favorites" gone - THEATRE?

Robnaeyaert

Robnaeyaert

Help EMBY

I noticed last night that my "Favorites" have disappeared from my movie list (see below it's missing).

Yet, when I use the EMBY iOS app OR the Web interface the Favorites show up.

It's a real pain as I use Theater a lot on my TV so would like know how to recover this please without needing to rebuild / loose them.

Cheers Rob 

IMG_1041.thumb.jpg.18d554efb718e2a994263a246f3595f2.jpg

Hi, it's not actually gone. The problem is we can only fit seven tabs up there when TV display mode is activated, and therefore any tabs after the seventh are hidden.

We need to review this and potentially reimagine that whole top layout.

Question, under playlists and tags, how many entries do you actually have in each?

Robnaeyaert
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, it's not actually gone. The problem is we can only fit seven tabs up there when TV display mode is activated, and therefore any tabs after the seventh are hidden.

We need to review this and potentially reimagine that whole top layout.

Question, under playlists and tags, how many entries do you actually have in each?

Hey Luke - OK but that's *weird* as this was working perfectly 2 days ago and was working for ever - so why they sudden change?

I stopped in my tracks yesterday when I couldn't find it as I'm so used to using it.

Um, under Playlists, I do have a Playlist of movies on my "watchlist" and I have around 30+ as I sometimes forget what I want to watch so I use this that way.  Is that causing this as I would not have imagined simply adding to a playlist would bump off favorites?

I'm not sure what Tags are?

Is there a way I can get my favorites back easily?

Happy2Play

As mentioned in another topic as soon as a Playlist is made in Movies it kicks Favorites to the curb do to tab limit in selected mode.  Since I do not have playlists, favorites is visible.

This is do to where playlist is indexed on the tab list.

5 minutes ago, Robnaeyaert said:

I'm not sure what Tags are?

These are key words to identify your media.

tags.thumb.jpg.7e5356e4817e252edbba4bcb4406874e.jpg

8 minutes ago, Robnaeyaert said:

Is there a way I can get my favorites back easily?

Sorry no not in TV mode, besides not having Playlists.

Robnaeyaert
5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

As mentioned in another topic as soon as a Playlist is made in Movies it kicks Favorites to the curb do to tab limit in selected mode.  Since I do not have playlists, favorites is visible.

This is do to where playlist is indexed on the tab list.

These are key words to identify your media.

tags.thumb.jpg.7e5356e4817e252edbba4bcb4406874e.jpg

Sorry no not in TV mode, besides not having Playlists.

OK - not wanting to 'argue' with your advice but I've had a Playlist (Watch list for movies) for around 2 years now and my Favorites always showed up on my list until 2 days ago.

So are you telling me that this is the issue?

That does not make sense to me.

Is there another 'mode' in Theatre that I can get my "favorites back" in my movies library?  For the record, I also have "favorites" in my "TV Shows" and that works perfectly still.

Ideas?

Happy2Play

Luke already stated why, since the NEW versions have added tabs and there is a limit of 7 in TV mode, something has to give.

Tags are new.

But since you are talking about a TV, I have no idea how well Desktop or mobile/tablet mode function.  Go to User Icon-Display and test Display Modes.

So technically you have lost Favorites and Folder tabs.

Robnaeyaert
7 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Luke already stated why, since the NEW versions have added tabs and there is a limit of 7 in TV mode, something has to give.

Tags are new.

But since you are talking about a TV, I have no idea how well Desktop or mobile/tablet mode function.  Go to User Icon-Display and test Display Modes.

So technically you have lost Favorites and Folder tabs.

OK thanks

For the life of me I can not understand how "TAGS" would be of more use than "Favorites" - but I'm just a frequent user.

I'll give it a look tonight.

Cheers

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, Robnaeyaert said:

OK thanks

For the life of me I can not understand how "TAGS" would be of more use than "Favorites" - but I'm just a frequent user.

I'll give it a look tonight.

Cheers

A suggestion for Luke would be reindexing Tags behind Favorites then.  But overal tab limit will always be a issue.

Or maybe make the tab header scrollable.

The issue is there are other ways to access favorites, but if we did that there would be no other way to access tags. At that point we might as well just say tags are not a feature anymore.

But we will review and find a way to get you your favorites tab back. Thanks.

Robnaeyaert
Just now, Luke said:

The issue is there are other ways to access favorites, but if we did that there would be no other way to access tags. At that point we might as well just say tags are not a feature anymore.

But we will review and find a way to get you your favorites tab back. Thanks.

COOL thanks Nick....appreciate all your guys great support and the great APP.  Used and loved daily.  Cheers Rob

• 2 weeks later...
PeteMB

I have the same issue, my Folders and Favorites tabs are gone. I don't get the priority. Why not removing the Trailers tab, I don't have the Trailers plugin installed, it's of no use to me, the Folders tab is more important for me, but not for all my movie library's.

Wouldn't it be better that the user can decide the priority of the tabs?

4 hours ago, PeteMB said:

Wouldn't it be better that the user can decide the priority of the tabs?

Hi, yes certainly this is something that I expect we will eventually have as well. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

justp02

@cayars

Not trying to Hijack the post, but I have just received the same issue after updating this week. My Favorites tabs are gone for Anime, but are still there for 'Movies' & 'TV Shows'.  Somehow during the update the Anime folder got converted to 'Mixed Content' from 'TV SHOWS' style.  Is 5 tags the max on mixed content?  Issue is apparent with Emby Theatre and Emby for Android.image.png.58df8f9e0a5579e659493076f4c0c564.png

image.png.78c06fa5417721168f06d99618577737.png

They DO show up with the 'Favorites' from Home Screen.

image.png.0467433f1b04a95fbf80f49e4c3aad2c.png

Hi, I just sent you directions for changing the type of this library via PM.

Let us know how this works or if you still need help.

Carlo

• 3 weeks later...