Help please - Series Metadata not refreshing

Armageus

Armageus

I recently noticed metadata missing for a couple of Series in my Library, but haven't been able to resolve it.

It occurred with the previous stable version, but have upgraded to 4.6.1.0 and still occurring.

I'm using a DS1520+, running DSM 6.2.3-25326 Update 3

I've attached the full EmbyServer log showing the server startup, and then immediately performing a metadata refresh of the affected library

Emby states some timeouts, but I can reach them from Client machines on the network so not sure what to look at?

2021-05-25 21:42:30.436 Error HttpClient: Connection to https://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/rss/1-media-browser-developers-blog timed out
2021-05-25 21:42:30.445 Error App: Error downloading news
2021-05-25 21:43:06.523 Error HttpClient: Connection to https://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Doctor+Who+(2005)&language=en timed out
2021-05-25 21:43:06.532 Error App: Error in TheTVDB

Please help :)

embyserver.txt

Hi, yes it would appear that something is blocking all outgoing network requests that your Emby Server is trying to send out. This will prevent any internet metadata from being obtained.

Can you look into this? Typical causes are firewall, security software, or VPN.

Armageus

Oddly though I've also rescanned my Music folder this evening to take advantage of the Music updates, and that has retreived info from Musicbrainz as far as I can see

Armageus

Doh... as the old rule says "It's Always DNS".

DNS Server on my Synology was pointing to an incorrect entry :(

8 minutes ago, Armageus said:

Oddly though I've also rescanned my Music folder this evening to take advantage of the Music updates, and that has retreived info from Musicbrainz as far as I can see

Is it possible that instead it was images that were already embedded into your audio files? Because I also see the same with moviedb. And even with github just to check if a new server release is available.

Just now, Armageus said:

Doh... as the old rule says "It's Always DNS".

DNS Server on my Synology was pointing to an incorrect entry :(

Ah glad you figured it out. Thanks for the feedback.