iPad OS: Download not working or at least no progress is shown

ebnerjoh
Go to solution Solved by ebnerjoh,

ebnerjoh

Hi,

I wanted to do an Offline Download of a Series with 15 parts on my iPad 10 with latest iOS and latest Emby App.

Transcodings seems to be worked well, but the download ist not finishing. After the first try (2 days) it was only downloading 2 parts. Then I removed everything again and started again. Now it downloaded in the last 3 days 5 parts. For the remaining parts its saying "Downloading" or "Ready for Download".

I noticed, whenever I wake up my ipad then I can see on my AccessPoint traffic, but it seems to me that it stops downloading as soon as it goes into Standby. 

As the iPad is MDM managed, I can not turn off standby.

Br,

Johannes

• Solution
ebnerjoh

Hello,

Although a better "progress bar" and error handling would be great I need to say that the issue is on the user level 🙂 Memory of iPad was full...

Hi there, yes we are working on improving this display. Thanks for the feedback.

ebnerjoh

Thanks,

Another question: Where is Emby storing the downloaded files? Any chance to access them via the Filemanager of iOS?

Br,

Johannes

On 5/31/2021 at 4:26 AM, ebnerjoh said:

Thanks,

Another question: Where is Emby storing the downloaded files? Any chance to access them via the Filemanager of iOS?

Br,

Johannes

Hi, it is in the system-designated storage folder for the app, but more options might be possible in future updates. thanks.