Well thats just great

snazy2000

Redshirt

After my tragedy I decided to make my media server more redundant than just a single raid array. I didn't want to set up a second server PC as it's just another OS to maintain. Flexraid and unraid both seemed very neat, but I wanted something that I could just fire up and forget. Enter Synology https://www.synology.com/en-uk/products/spec/DS412+.  A 4-bay enclosure mirrors my hardware raid array. If the police ever show up at my door, I can just grab the box and run for Alaska too :D

Latchmor

I have the exact same NAS Red, its very good. I use it as my 'live' media though and back it up to my daily PC. Works well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

gthrift

After my tragedy I decided to make my media server more redundant than just a single raid array. I didn't want to set up a second server PC as it's just another OS to maintain. Flexraid and unraid both seemed very neat, but I wanted something that I could just fire up and forget. Enter Synology https://www.synology.com/en-uk/products/spec/DS412+.  A 4-bay enclosure mirrors my hardware raid array. If the police ever show up at my door, I can just grab the box and run for Alaska too :D

We one of these in each of our 9 branch offices for file storage.  They are very reliable.  Just watch out for the synolocker ransomware going around this past month.  I've had to lock ours down so the admin panels could only be access on the local network.  

thefirstofthe300

Just a quick question, has anyone here ever used SnapRAID???

I was considering it for my server but not sure if it is a decent option.

Edited by DaBungalow