Chapter markers thumbnails are shifted by one.

arsenbei

arsenbei

When chapter markers activated for all videos in my library thumbnails are shifted by one starting from second. 

For example Chapter 2 have thumbnail from Chapter 3, Chapter 3 from Chapter 4 and so on. 

it happens for absolutely all videos in the library.

Emby version 4.6.0.50 on Synology DS 1618+.

I hope it can be fixed somehow.

arsenbei

I am attaching main screen of file - and first slides of video of that chapters:

Chapter13.png - first slide of Chapter 13, but in previews it is from chapter 12 (previews.png).

Chapter14.png - Chapter 14, in previews it is Chapter 13.

previews.png

Chapter 13.png

Chapter 14.png

Edited by arsenbei

Happy2Play
5 hours ago, Luke said:

@Happy2Play are you able to reproduce?

What is the Thumbnail images interval option set to, interval or chapter marker? @arsenbei

Almost looks like the issue I reported about bif files that softworks identified it was the file key frames.

But will do some testing.

Edited by Happy2Play

FrostByte

I don't think so.

The image I have the line drawn around shows up at 45:50 which is only 5 seconds after the chapter marker.   I'm using 10 second images as my setting

chaos.thumb.jpg.4c3ea6dbfb90d5beb5f98a11f586518d.jpg

arsenbei

I will try to change to 10 second interval instead of chapter markers.

How can i force to regenerate all thumbnails?

arsenbei

For newly added videos thumbnails generated correct, but for old ones is still shifted, but i think i need to force regeneration them, but I don't know how. 

As a test try deleting a couple of old BIF files stored next to your media (assuming that option is used).

Next run the job Thumbnail Image Extraction from the Scheduled Task.
If that works you could do a search for all BIF files and then delete all the old ones.

Happy2Play
On 5/25/2021 at 10:28 PM, arsenbei said:

@Happy2PlayChapter markers.

On 5/27/2021 at 10:33 AM, arsenbei said:

For newly added videos thumbnails generated correct, but for old ones is still shifted, but i think i need to force regeneration them, but I don't know how. 

Since Chapter images are not saved with media it is not very easy to find as there are saved in \metadata\library\xx\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\chapters folders.  You could look up items in the api or do a blanket search for the chapters folder and delete all of them.

arsenbei

After Thumbnail Image Extraction chapter thumbnails are OK and not shifted, but now i have all movies thumbnails empty.

Please see attaches below. Please advice me how can I fix it.

Screenshot 2021-06-01 at 23.11.01.png

Screenshot 2021-06-01 at 23.10.54.png

It looks like you may have been a little too aggressive in deleting files from the server metadata folder. you will need to refresh metadata on those videos now.