option in subtitle search to filter only hash match or every possible sub

Baenwort

Baenwort

So in a beta version we had the option in the subtitle search dialog to not just filter to only "forced subtitles" but also to filter to only hash matches or to show every possible match.

It would be nice to have that option back so that I could have the library only pull hash matches but then disable that when I manually search for subtitles.

Hi, you know that hash matches are sorted to show at the top of the list, right?

• Like 1

FitzCheval

I would like to Emby prioritize search order in opensubtitle. I have a lot of mismatches, not the correct movie title. Opensubtitle has an index for IMDB id's, so I would like Emby to use the following order:

1. Hash search
  2. IMDB search
  3. Movie title + year search
  4. Movie title

Sometimes with subtitles are not in sync. I fix that with Subtitle Edit and upload the synced version with OpenSubtitles Uploader.

6 hours ago, FitzCheval said:

I would like to Emby prioritize search order in opensubtitle. I have a lot of mismatches, not the correct movie title. Opensubtitle has an index for IMDB id's, so I would like Emby to use the following order:

1. Hash search
  2. IMDB search
  3. Movie title + year search
  4. Movie title

Sometimes with subtitles are not in sync. I fix that with Subtitle Edit and upload the synced version with OpenSubtitles Uploader.

That's pretty close to what we already do.

Baenwort
On 5/23/2021 at 4:20 PM, Luke said:

Hi, you know that hash matches are sorted to show at the top of the list, right?

Nope, is there any visual indication that the top item is a hash match?

Untitled.png

Although I think it should be a little more pronounced so that it's more easily spotted from just a glance.

• Like 1