Trend Micro blocks and removes MB3 server

barrettusa
Go to solution Solved by barrettusa,

barrettusa

Hi, just tried to install MB3 server but trend micro titanium says its a threat and removes it... I click on restore file that adds it to the exception list but that doesn't help as well as trying to install with trend turned off but it kills it soon as it restarts. I will contact trend micro as well but wanted to let you guys know and see if anyone else has the issue.

I attached a wordpad doc showing the files it removed if that helps

trend report.rtf

Your document is cut off so I can't see the actual files but all but one are in the cache which we don't install - they have to be there from an existing installation...

barrettusa

Your document is cut off so I can't see the actual files but all but one are in the cache which we don't install - they have to be there from an existing installation...

if you change the page setup in word or wordpad to something like A3 (big page) you can see all the file names.

It is odd as I have installed 3 times to try and get it to work, whatever gets removed breaks the new install as the shortcut stops working for MB3 server

There was one thing from ffmpeg.  If you completely wipe the folder before re-installing, does it work?

• Solution
barrettusa

I deleted everything, cleared cache, turned off trend micro and installed again, this time when I restarted trend didn't report any issues and MB3 server is running so I think its ok now.

Edited by barrettusa