Emby Google TV

hybrid56k

hybrid56k

Bought emby on Google TV. I've setup multiple users on Google TV, so that my children can't access my movies/films. I went to play emby through my child's account and it's asking me to pay again. Can you help please?

Hi.  Google store app purchases are tied to the Google account.  Emby Premiere, however, will count for every device, account and app.

If you can "share" your purchases with your child's Google account then you should be able to use the "Restore Unlock" button in the app to restore it.

Hi, You don't need multiple GOOGLE USERS but only the account you made the purchase on. If you use multiple GOOGLE ACCOUNTS then each users would need to purchase the app.
With Emby Premiere this would not make a difference and regardless of user logged in would only be one device to Premiere.

So assuming you remove the other accounts and only keep one account (assuming what @ebr doesn't work) you can start Emby Client and then pick the user to login as right in Emby itself.  Explore the users menu for each member of your family.

Make sure "Hide this user from login screens on the local network" in NOT checked.  Then you can get a list of users to login in as right in Emby as these are your Emby Server users and not Google Users.

You can explore the password tab of each user as well to determine if your children need passwords or PIN codes as well.