Playback error: no compatible streams...

adamzune

adamzune

Hello,

When using the Emby App on my android phone (have checked it is the most up to date) over the internet, when ever I try to watch a video I get the Playback error: no compatible streams... 

I have tried on my mobile in the chrome browser and the video plays over the internet. I have tethered my laptop to the phone and the video works. the app plays the video when I am on the home network (or through my VPN).

I have tried adjusting the stream bandwidth but it doesn't get the video file to play (it is not just one video file it is all video files)

I have ways around this but i would love to be able to use the app on my phone.

Thanks

Adam

Edited by adamzune

Hi, so do you get the error in Chrome, in the android app, or in both?

adamzune

I only get the error in the app over the internet, when i play it on chrome (over the internet) on my mobile (the same device I get the error in the app on) it plays. the app works if i play it when connected to my home network, or connected to the home network through my vpn.

Edited by adamzune

Hi, This is likely due to the fact you have an invalid Internet Cert installed on your server.

image.png.11e49936210e606a2446b5f94b775b21.png

Try using port 8096 without SSL and see if this plays.

adamzune

Thanks  for the info. It works when I don't use SSL. trouble is I want to use SSL and it works fine through chrome. I guess I will have to learn how to use SSL correctly and get a trusted one.

adamzune

After much mucking around I finally have it working. with a proper SSL certificate it works. but I do find it odd it wont allow a self signed certificate through the app.

This was a good resource (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/81404-ssl-made-easy ) except for the fact I don't pay for a domain and so I had to find another way. I tried to use the way it mentioned amended for my IIS server but for some reason it wouldn't validate. so.... 

I eventually came across this, which worked well with the IIS and has me running now

https://github.com/win-acme/win-acme 

it should auto-renew as well so I guess I will find out in a few months.

Edited by adamzune
added last line

Curious, why are you using IIS?  Did you set it up as a reverse proxy?
You can of course do that but it adds a layer of complexity.

Emby can use a cert converted to PFX directly without any other layers of software involved.

adamzune

Awhile ago when I was trying to set this security up the easiest way to get an SSL certificate was a self signed through IIS, (this self signed worked until around the beginning of the year when the app stopped working with it). I didn't want to pay for a domain either so am using a ddns from another product i bought. Since i don't own the domain the easiest way to validate the certificate is via http verification and with IIS that is a fairly easy step to make.

i know it is not the neatest way to do stuff but it is working for now so i am happy.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by adamzune
  • Thanks 1