help diagnosing issues, slow loading, sound drops,

silver_2000

silver_2000

We are running Emby on Synology DS918+

We typically use Roku to connect but also use LG TV app some

We have Gigabit connection to the Synology.  

Its become common for us to see delays loading on the roku.   The Emby ap opens, we pick user, and the home loads slowly, when we pick a title we often see the spinning circle for some time.  

We have had issues with the server being unresponsive occasionally. 

Recently we started to hear audio drops while watching the shows, every min or 2.  The most recent experience the video is direct playing to the Roku.  Also saw audio drops on the LG tv app.  Its not just one media file thats dropping.   

We have some of the media on an additional Synology but it doesn't matter where the content is when we experience the issues.  

We just did the most recent update to 4.6
Looking for some ideas on how to troubleshoot this.  
We have an older PC / Server that we could swap the Emby OS to if thats what is required

Thanks in advance 

@silver_2000 Is your Roku on OS 10 when experience these audio drops? I experience them on OS 10 and we may be able to do something about this as a work-around. Stay tuned. ^_~

Edited by speechles

silver_2000

the media is loading well today and the roku interface is working well but we are dropping audio still 

here is the log

apologies for not uploading it earlier - I do know better 

We are on Roku V 10

embyserver.txt

If you press down while the video plays it will open the OSD. On the OSD find the cog/gear and click it. This will open the playback menu. On the playback menu will be "Attempt Playback Correction". Doing this once should solve the problem.

We will look at improving this somehow. We have ideas. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
silver_2000

Today we lost access to half the libraries that happen to be stored on another synology from the Synology that has the emby app 

When I logged in I saw the update available to 4.6.2 so I did that update and the shows are back.  There was no issue accessing either synology.  The log from before the update is 16 mb, so here are the last few lines of it 

any help would be appreciated 

emby logs.txt

20 minutes ago, silver_2000 said:

Today we lost access to half the libraries that happen to be stored on another synology from the Synology that has the emby app 

When I logged in I saw the update available to 4.6.2 so I did that update and the shows are back.  There was no issue accessing either synology.  The log from before the update is 16 mb, so here are the last few lines of it 

any help would be appreciated 

emby logs.txt 92.92 kB · 1 download

Hi, this is only a three minute log snippet. There's not much we can learn from this. If you can locate the log file from when the problem occurred, then please attach the complete file. thanks.

Hi, please try removing these plugins, then restart the server and see if it helps improve performance:

2021-06-02 09:59:02.500 Info App: Loading statistics, Version=2.0.20.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /volume1/EMBY/plugins/Statistics.dll
2021-06-02 09:59:02.500 Info App: Loading MovieThemeSongs, Version=1.7.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /volume1/EMBY/plugins/moviethemesongs.dll
2021-06-02 09:59:02.500 Info App: Loading MovieThemeVideos, Version=1.7.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /volume1/EMBY/plugins/MovieThemeVideos.dll
2021-06-02 09:59:02.500 Info App: Loading ThemeSongs, Version=1.6.6.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /volume1/EMBY/plugins/themesongs.dll
2021-06-02 09:59:02.500 Info App: Loading ThemeVideos, Version=1.7.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /volume1/EMBY/plugins/ThemeVideos.dll
2021-06-02 09:59:02.500 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.Anime, Version=1.4.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /volume1/EMBY/plugins/MediaBrowser.Plugins.Anime.dll
2021-06-02 09:59:02.500 Info App: Loading CoverArt, Version=4.1.14.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /volume1/EMBY/plugins/CoverArt.dll
2021-06-02 09:59:02.500 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLordMovies, Version=19.8.3.1105, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /volume1/EMBY/plugins/MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLordMovies.dll
2021-06-02 09:59:02.500 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLord, Version=19.8.3.1105, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /volume1/EMBY/plugins/MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLord.dll

kaj

I have a 918+ and don't and have never had the severe problems you are experiencing. I do not use Roku, my clients are Nvidia Shields, Amazon Stick, PC, iPad and Android phones. But i did have problem with it sometimes seeming to be slow. For me, vacuuming the database and setting the DatabaseCacheSize to 1024 in the system.xml really helped.

silver_2000

We removed the listed plugins 

And the server paused again tonight.   It doesn't appear to be linked to Rokus because the Emby service is stopped some times. And we were seeing sound issues on the LG roku app. 

Hi, could quick questions for you.

What is the other NAS you mention?
How is this other NAS mounted? Is it a remotely mounted folder to you 918? If so CIFS or NFS?

When you see these pauses, is there a pattern to this?  Is media played back from the other NAS or from the 918 or both?