"Played" on movie folder doesn't show as played

justinrh

justinrh

If you click the "Played" check mark for a movie folder (Folders view in library), it toggles the movies inside to played, but the check mark on the folder doesn't toggle to played status.  Should it?  That is, if all movies inside the folder are played, should the folder show as played.

image.png.ec8f2793faeae31be4985998ef29fe85.png

Happy2Play

Yes as the indicator on a Folder does not affect the items inside that folder.  So all items with that folder icon in the top left are actually nested folders.  Folders technically do not have indicators so I guess @Lukecould hide these overlay option from Folders.

Now if this is a older install is could be to OLD configurations that caused items to appear as folders.

7 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Yes as the indicator on a Folder does not affect the items inside that folder.  So all items with that folder icon in the top left are actually nested folders.  Folders technically do not have indicators so I guess @Lukecould hide these overlay option from Folders.

Yea I guess we'll have to look at what to do there. Thanks.

justinrh
23 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Now if this is a older install is could be to OLD configurations that caused items to appear as folders.

To be clear, clicking the check mark does affect the movies inside.  I did not have nested folders, but I did have movies with different but similar filenames.

Happy2Play
52 minutes ago, justinrh said:

To be clear, clicking the check mark does affect the movies inside.  I did not have nested folders, but I did have movies with different but similar filenames.

From folder view you should not see a folder icon unless they are nested folder or you are have a legacy configuration that caused this to happen many versions ago.  So if all of your media has a folder icon no overlay indicator should would be honored.

folderv.thumb.jpg.4b503ab8c33ef57c683dd3bb28561ac1.jpg

Happy2Play

Follow up

This is do to library config "<CollapseSingleItemFolders>false</CollapseSingleItemFolders>" but new libraries are set to true (but to change this is a destructive change and will remove all media and re-add for that library).  There is a setting in the system.xml also that if set can override the library setting but the same applies it is destructive.

I have a system the I haven't felt the need to rebuild like this as I rarely use folder view.  Basically a trouble some virtual folder in a folder,  as when you enter this folder you are presented the poster of the exact same thing you clicked, then you have to click that item to get to item details.  Double the work.

So overlays are useless here.  Three dot works but it is not for the item it is for the folder, also favorite and played indictor check do not.

prod.thumb.jpg.f6e1e7d2e8d0dbcafb5b7d27a36653c8.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

justinrh

@Happy2Play How did you get your 'played' icon to show in the upper-left with a blue stripe?

image.png.4f7936389e17b75f647307f32d52ed20.png

Mine is a check mark in the upper-right.

image.png.134a06de2394408b7e59eeb9a8eb22d2.png

justinrh
1 hour ago, cayars said:

It's working for me
image.thumb.png.fe9e79e6ac716fac219290caa475f21c.png

What exactly are you saying is working for you?

How did you get the "HD" or "Blu Ray" banners a the top of the poster?  Is than an Emby overlay?

image.png.9499912c8a2e0a24074ca2d32393f1cb.png

Oh sorry I misread your post. The top left corner check mark is a CSS customization you can enter in the appropriate field in the settings menu.  It only applies to web and not other Emby apps like Android, iOS, etc.

Check out this sub forum for this and many other CSS treatments
https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/144-web-app-css/

The banners you see are from the Cover Art Plugin.
The plugin allows you to do different things with different content types.  He's a line of posters from the Collections library. I use a disc overlay to see how many movies are part of the collection.
image.thumb.png.ba9fe20204f9fc7e687e0aca245e10b3.png

• Like 1