4.6.0.50 Continue Watching

nuke11

nuke11

Just updated to 4.6.0.50, everything went well. Now I see that the Continue Watching has every TV Series I have watched, but did not continue to the next episode displayed. Under 4.5 it only shows the episode I was currently watching.

I did figure out how to remove the TV Series I did not want to be displayed in Continue Watching, so I only have the 1 episode I was partial finished displayed now.

Is there way to prevent future TV Series from being displayed in Continue Watching that I do not continue to the next episode?

Hi there, Next Up and Continue Watching are now merged together as one, similar to what you'd see on Netflix. We'll have more info in the release announcement tomorrow.

If desired, you can use your emby user home screen settings to restore legacy next up behavior by adding the legacy next up section as one of your home screen sections.

Now I see that the Continue Watching has every TV Series I have watched, but did not continue to the next episode displayed.

4.6 has another new feature you might like. In the Continue watching section, right click -> Remove From Continue Watching.

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

4.6 has another new feature you might like. In the Continue watching section, right click -> Remove From Continue Watching.

But if you are still adding episodes to the removed series it will reappear and show the newest added item instead of where you actually left off.  At least in my current test.

• Like 1

Just now, Happy2Play said:

But if you are still adding episodes to the removed series it will reappear and show the newest added item instead of where you actually left off.  At least in my current test.

Ok I'll test that out. Thanks.

miniliQuid

I think the issue mentioned (I am having it too) is that "continue watching" is now basically showing "next up" as well which I think shouldn't be the case?

Edit: Nevermind, I just noticed the other topic you made about basically merging them into continue watching and deleting next up.

Edited by miniliQuid

4 hours ago, miniliQuid said:

I think the issue mentioned (I am having it too) is that "continue watching" is now basically showing "next up" as well which I think shouldn't be the case?

Edit: Nevermind, I just noticed the other topic you made about basically merging them into continue watching and deleting next up.

Yes, but you can configure it to revert back to the old way if that's what you prefer.

• Like 1

nuke11

I'll try the new and legacy way and see which one I will continue using.

I have noticed nothing else out of the ordinary so far from the upgrade.

Thank you.

Edited by nuke11
  • Thanks 1

miniliQuid
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Yes, but you can configure it to revert back to the old way if that's what you prefer.

Thanks, but honestly I think it makes the homepage a bit cleaner this way, I kinda like it.
Just thought it was a bug or something (continue watching & next up became identical) before I noticed the topic on it in the beta section :D

• Thanks 2