Auto Organize Update chaos

colchar

colchar

I haven’t touched auto organize plug-in in years, today it did an update and removed all my images and metadata for my entire collection. My phone lost control with the amount of notifications for new movies added to my collection within 4 minutes of this plugin updating, it’s caused havoc on my collection, has anyone experienced this?

colchar

Not sure what you mean? 
I haven’t added content for a few days then suddenly today while I was at work I got flooded with Pushover notifications that new content had been added to my collection. When I got home hours later all of the movies in my collection had their images and metadata stripped. 

Also settings had been changed, when I went into the movies library it was displaying folder view instead of the usual movies displayed in alphabetical order. 

This may have been a combination of updates as I now see 4 different updates happened at the same time. 

987686F0-F6A8-4667-88B8-335A8B84EAFF.jpeg

Ahh, ok this might make sense because Collections are handled differently in 4.6 then in 4.5.

Your server did a one-time migration to the new collection method which may have generated those message.

Now that the migration is over, you shouldn't be receiving these messages again so let us know how you make out moving forward now that this migration is done.

• Thanks 1

Privado18

This update of the server or the update of folder organizer messed up all my tv shows, they are out of order and cant sort them out, can i undo the changes or go back to old servers? I uninstalled folder organizer

26 minutes ago, Privado18 said:

This update of the server or the update of folder organizer messed up all my tv shows, they are out of order and cant sort them out, can i undo the changes or go back to old servers? I uninstalled folder organizer

Hi there, please go over an example. thanks.

Privado18

My tv series were named in order before the update, episode 1,2,3 etc now is like episode 3 , 45, 79, very random, i cant get it to be in order on emby, they are named properly and was in propper order before the update 2 days ago, now i have to look for the next episode manually , very frustrating.....

31 minutes ago, Privado18 said:

My tv series were named in order before the update, episode 1,2,3 etc now is like episode 3 , 45, 79, very random, i cant get it to be in order on emby, they are named properly and was in propper order before the update 2 days ago, now i have to look for the next episode manually , very frustrating.....

Hi, can you please go over a specific example? Thanks.

Privado18

Hi luke, what kind of examples you looking for? I just need help sorting my episodes on emby, is there a sorting by number,name etc in show main menu?

2 minutes ago, Privado18 said:

Hi luke, what kind of examples you looking for? I just need help sorting my episodes on emby, is there a sorting by number,name etc in show main menu?

How your files are named, organized, structured, etc, what you see in Emby Server that is not correct, what you expected to see, etc.

Privado18

File name,episode 1, episode 2, 

Folder structure goes

D:/series/wonder years/episode 1

On emby it dont show the episodes in order after the update.

See the picture, episodes not in order

Screenshot_20210522-144914.png

File name,episode 1, episode 2, 

Folder structure goes

D:/series/wonder years/episode 1

On emby it dont show the episodes in order after the update.

See the picture, episodes not in order

Screenshot_20210522-144914.png

Can you please be more specific? How your files are named, organized, structured, etc?

I thought i just did

I don't see any examples of exact file names.

OK this is specific to episode file naming that is not following our supported TV naming guidelines: https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159110-tv-naming

It's wanting to sort by numbers, but it's not falling back to sort title when the numbers are absent. We'll get this corrected in a 4.6.1 maintenance update. Thanks.

• Like 2

wozas123

In the previous version, my sorting was normal

The recent update caused
Please fix it quickly, otherwise it will not work

image.thumb.png.36d297e96242747c4bdb8e0c3323c8d2.png

image.png.3ef50fb04c1391f1c7955ff1424b464b.png

Edited by wozas123

19 hours ago, Luke said:

OK this is specific to episode file naming that is not following our supported TV naming guidelines: https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159110-tv-naming

It's wanting to sort by numbers, but it's not falling back to sort title when the numbers are absent. We'll get this corrected in a 4.6.1 maintenance update. Thanks.

Privado18
3 hours ago, wozas123 said:

In the previous version, my sorting was normal

The recent update caused
Please fix it quickly, otherwise it will not work

image.thumb.png.36d297e96242747c4bdb8e0c3323c8d2.png

image.png.3ef50fb04c1391f1c7955ff1424b464b.png

I tried almost everything and cant get the episodes in order, imposible to watch episodes specially seasons with more than 100 files

If you want to try the beta channel with 4.6.0.52, that would be helpful. It has fixes for episode sorting when using non-standard file naming. Thanks.

Privado18

Thanks cayars, but i dont see the beta channel on that download page, can i get betterr directions please...

1 hour ago, Privado18 said:

Thanks cayars, but i dont see the beta channel on that download page, can i get betterr directions please...

It's there. What page are you looking at?