Music not showing up in few albums on Android Mobile or Emby Theatre Windows.

Cleggy1980

Cleggy1980

I have been having a few issues with music not showing up in albums in Emby Theatre for Windows and Android Mobile devises. The music shows up on my 2 Nvidia Shield I have.

I’m using Windows 10 for Emby Theatre.

For the Emby Mobile I’m using a S7 with Android 8 and a S21 with Android 11.

Any ideas why this might happen?

Thank you for your time.

Did you just update to 4.6 server?  If so have you done a full library refresh?

If not please try doing a full library scan and then recheck these clients.

Thanks

Cleggy1980

Thanks for the reply I noticed this issue about 2 day ago. When did the server update come out?

I am running the library scan again just in case. It's set to do a library scan every evining.

The new server version was released yesterday.  It rolls out on many platforms as the builds are completed for each platform.

But if you had this issue 2 days ago, that would be before the new release.

What version of Theater and Android Mobile are you running?

Cleggy1980

The Android version is 3.1.94

The Windows Theatre version is 3.0.15

The library scan is still going just to let you know. So lets see what happens after that. I let you know soon as its completed.

Thank you.

Cleggy1980

The server version is 4.6.0.50. Looks like the library is scanning to. I'll let you know when it's done.

Thank you

• Like 1

Cleggy1980

I have run into another problem The server will not finish library scan gets to 97.8% and won't go any further. I left it all day and night. This happened 2 times now.

I am reinstalling the server. Will get back to you when/if the library scan works.

Thank you.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Cleggy1980 said:

I have run into another problem The server will not finish library scan gets to 97.8% and won't go any further. I left it all day and night. This happened 2 times now.

I am reinstalling the server. Will get back to you when/if the library scan works.

Thank you.

I would not do that.

Please provide a server log as it is more then likely the MusicBrainz server.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Cleggy1980 said:

Here is the log you asked for.

If there is anything else you need let me know.

Thanks

embyserver-63757175727.txt 1.75 MB · 0 downloads

I would just let it run as your log shows hit and miss to Emby's Musicbrainz server.  Basically overloaded with everyone updating to new stable release.

• Agree 1

Cleggy1980

Ok the Library scan is finished after almost 2 days. The good news is I now have all music showing up. Bad news is all the album images have gone and the folder view has changed.

Looks like a few people has this problem. I’ll sort the album images again. Is there a quick way to sort this out? The music I listen to is not mainstream so it’s not on MusicBrainz.

Thanks

You will likely want to use one of the "perfect" music types in music library setup for the layout.
You may also need to check to make sure you have tagged graphics in your music tracks.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Cleggy1980 said:

Ok the Library scan is finished after almost 2 days. The good news is I now have all music showing up. Bad news is all the album images have gone and the folder view has changed.

Looks like a few people has this problem. I’ll sort the album images again. Is there a quick way to sort this out? The music I listen to is not mainstream so it’s not on MusicBrainz.

Thanks

Hi, try refreshing the metadata of a music album. See if this helps for that album. If it does, then you can do it on multiple in bulk. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Agree 1