Cannot connect to docker container externally

freaksed

freaksed

I don't know what has changed but I am now not able to connect to my emby externally. Emby Connect never worked, but I was able to use the ip before. I have updated my network settings to try and resolve this and now the ports are visible from outside the network. But I am sill unable to connect to Emby. If I connect to my local vpn from outside I can connect as if I am local, but the external ip does not work.

Hi there, how have you configured the network on the docker container?

1 hour ago, freaksed said:

It is using the bridge and below is the port settings. When i check the 8095 and 8920 ports at https://canyouseeme.org they show as available

image.png.8e56c231a09a996f0e6aaa85f2494695.png

Does your server dashboard display the correct remote address?

freaksed

no for some reason 8096 doesnt show publicly even though its forwarded. but in emby settings 8095 is the external port

14 hours ago, freaksed said:

no for some reason 8096 doesnt show publicly even though its forwarded. but in emby settings 8095 is the external port

Then you must have changed it in emby network settings from 8096 to 8095? Why? this is ok but you're just making things more difficult. Now you have to go all the way up through the chain from the container to the router to make sure 8095 is open at each level and forwarding properly. 

Whereas out of the box, the server will try to set this up on 8096 for you.

freaksed

Weird, I didn't change the setting myself, it was set up to 8096 for internal connections and 8095 for external. I will try changing it and seeing if it works

freaksed

I changed the external port to match the internal (8096) but it still doesn't appear when checking the port and I still can't connect

8 hours ago, freaksed said:

I changed the external port to match the internal (8096) but it still doesn't appear when checking the port and I still can't connect

I would suggest checking out our Connection Troubleshooter:

;https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

Please try the steps listed there and let us know which ones succeed and which ones do not. Thanks.

freaksed

I've already been through that page. Testing the external address fails, but Verifying the public port succeeds.

On 5/22/2021 at 12:02 PM, freaksed said:

I've already been through that page. Testing the external address fails, but Verifying the public port succeeds.

Hi, if you are still having an issue with this, send me a PM and we can do a remote connection and I can try and help you get this sorted out.