Audio transcoding to dolby+

lesgars37

lesgars37

Hi,

So I've been using Emby (server on Windows + app on Xiaomi Smart TV) for a month. It worked very well until this week, where I started to notice the audio was bad on the TV. After investigation I noticed audio codec on TV is Dolby+ when the sound is bad while Dolby is fine. But how do I control transcoding on the TV app ? Here's the log when I start playing the Snyder Cut on TV (as well as the media info).

Honestly I'm a bit disapointed this isn't working properly just a week after I paid for the app on my TV. Thank you in advance for any hep provided.

medi_info_JL.jpg

embyserver.txt

Edited by lesgars37

Hi.  There is no transcoding happening here.  The item is direct playing.

Can you please describe exactly what you mean by "the audio is bad"?

What are the audio settings in the device menus?

lesgars37

There is some kind of stuttering with the sound. With 720p tv shows it's harder to notice, but for the Snyder Cut it is quite terrible. It doesn't happen with Dolby and AAC audio files are just not starting.

"What are the audio settings in the device menus?" -> I'm not sure I understand what you mean, sorry

Edited by lesgars37

36 minutes ago, lesgars37 said:

"What are the audio settings in the device menus?" -> I'm not sure I understand what you mean, sorry

In the Android system settings on the TV itself, there will be an "Audio" setting of some sort.  It is probably on some sort of "auto" setting but probably also gives you the ability to go in and make more custom settings.  If it has the option, try turning off support for DD+.

lesgars37

Well the audio settings of the TV are very limited, I can only choose the audio profile. If I play a tv show from a USB stick on the TV media player, Dolby+ is perfect.

What bothers me is that sound issue wasn't there last week and apparently there was no update of the Emby App recently, so I have trouble figuring out what went wrong. Thanks  for those quick answers btw.

1 minute ago, lesgars37 said:

I can only choose the audio profile

What are the choices there?  Are you just using the TV speakers?

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, lesgars37 said:

If I play a tv show from a USB stick on the TV media player, Dolby+ is perfect.

So is this using the same Player as Emby is?  Emby is also direct playing via http not direct playing file, so could this be a file access issue?

lesgars37

So is this using the same Player as Emby is?

Emby is using ExoPlayer while the default player I use to watch stuff from USB seems to be the Xiaomi one (com.xiaomi.mitv.mediaexplorer).

Emby is also direct playing via http not direct playing file, so could this be a file access issue?

The server being on my PC is it not normal to play the file via http ?

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, lesgars37 said:

The server being on my PC is it not normal to play the file via http ?

This comes back to file access as not all players/client have direct file access, but could be overall setup but a fellow Android user would have to comment more.

lesgars37

I found this thread with a similar problem to mine :

So I tried using Emby through Chromecast : the Dolby Audio works, but I lose the dolby vision on the Snyder Cut (which is the reason I started using the Emby TV app in the first place). 

11 minutes ago, lesgars37 said:

I found this thread with a similar problem to mine :

So I tried using Emby through Chromecast : the Dolby Audio works, but I lose the dolby vision on the Snyder Cut (which is the reason I started using the Emby TV app in the first place). 

I don't believe that is the same problem.

I think your issue may be related to this one though as it is the same device:

lesgars37

Not exactly the same TV but same OS and Emby App. I wouldn't describe the voices as robotic though, it's stuttering and "bad sound" like when there is too much compression on a file.

Anyway it seems Dolby+ is simply not working properly with the app. In the meantime I guess I'll use Emby via Chromecast and I'll stop watching Dolby Vision movies until it's fixed.

EDIT : maybe we should rename the topic since I was wrong about transcoding ?

Edited by lesgars37

There are really no audio settings on this TV?  If you go into the Android menus, what is under Display and Sound?

Also, can you play one of these for a few seconds and then send a log from the app?

Thanks.

darkside40

There are only some EQ Presets to choose, like Movie, News, Standard etc. but from what i hear there is no much difference in it. And you can choose what output to use, the internal speakers or maybe a Soundbar etc.

Thats it, not more to configure.

• Agree 1

Okay, can you please do the following?

14 hours ago, ebr said:

can you play one of these for a few seconds and then send a log from the app?

Thanks.

Edit: Woops, never mind, you are not the OP.

lesgars37

Hi again,

I just sent the logs from the app ( 16:37 UTC - User=Gae - started the Snyder Cut on playback for a few seconds).

Something really wrong with the audio track or device decoders here.  Your log was completely full of audio errors:

05-20 18:37:39.901 24563 24706 V AudioTrack: reqSize 512,writtenSize 0
05-20 18:37:39.908 24563 24706 V AudioTrack: processAudioBuffer(84): obtainBuffer(784) returned 272 = 272 + 0 err 0
05-20 18:37:39.908 24563 24706 V AudioTrack: reqSize 272,writtenSize 0
05-20 18:37:39.912 24563 24706 V AudioTrack: processAudioBuffer(84): obtainBuffer(784) returned 784 = 752 + 32 err 0
05-20 18:37:39.912 24563 24706 V AudioTrack: reqSize 752,writtenSize 0
05-20 18:37:39.923 24563 24706 V AudioTrack: processAudioBuffer(84): obtainBuffer(784) returned 784 = 784 + 0 err 0
05-20 18:37:39.924 24563 24706 V AudioTrack: reqSize 784,writtenSize 0
05-20 18:37:39.934 24563 24706 V AudioTrack: processAudioBuffer(84): obtainBuffer(784) returned 784 = 208 + 576 err 0
05-20 18:37:39.934 24563 24706 V AudioTrack: reqSize 208,writtenSize 0

1000s of them.

Not sure if it will make a difference but definitely worth trying the beta version of the app.

lesgars37

Well it did make a difference, everything seems to be working fine now :D

Thanks a lot for your help and availability, I'll be sure to recommand the app around me.

49 minutes ago, lesgars37 said:

Well it did make a difference, everything seems to be working fine now :D

Thanks a lot for your help and availability, I'll be sure to recommand the app around me.

Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem in Last server beta version, and the Android TV beta. The sound in dobly + not work perfect. 

In my xiaomi mi tv p1 i have problems sound and some vídeo the image is freezing

In my mi Stick 4k i dont have.. 

48 minutes ago, dmtg said:

I have the same problem in Last server beta version, and the Android TV beta. The sound in dobly + not work perfect. 

In my xiaomi mi tv p1 i have problems sound and some vídeo the image is freezing

In my mi Stick 4k i dont have.. 

Hi. I'm sure your issue is something else but let's please look at specifics.  Please create a new thread with details.