Video Library default view to "Folders" possible? And show thumbnails by default?

Twistator

Twistator

I have a library for videos I made and stuff saved from the internet etc of content type: "Home videos & photos"

Folders contain a folder.jpg to have a nice image in emby and almost all videos have *-thumb.jpg file to show an appropriate thumbnail of the video. This library has 3 views: Videos, Photos, and Folders

I have 2 problems/requests:

1st The thumbnails wont get automatically shown, you have to switch the View from "Primary" to "Thumb" in the folder settings and as far as I can tell, these settings are for my user only. I have family accessing these folders and it would be nice if they would be shown the thumbnails without me having to explain how to set settings for these libraries. Is there a way I can set a default here for the library, or make my rules the default?

2nd The library defaults to a different view, depending on which device / Client im using. On my phone it defaults to the "Folder" view which is preferred, because thats the way they are sorted, but in my Firefox Webinterface I always get the "Videos" view, which is bad, because it subverts the entire folder structure and just shows one long list of videos. It would be nice to be able to set a default view for a library for a consistent experience.

Hi, the upcoming 4.6 server release will allow users to set the default landing tab for the library.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
cmittle09
On 5/19/2021 at 11:07 AM, Luke said:

Hi, the upcoming 4.6 server release will allow users to set the default landing tab for the library.

Can you please give me directions to this setting?  I've looked all over on the server, my phone (Android), and TV (Android), and cannot seem to find this.  I would love for music to be default as Artist rather than default folder on my TV and phone.

cmittle09
18 minutes ago, cmittle09 said:

Can you please give me directions to this setting?  I've looked all over on the server, my phone (Android), and TV (Android), and cannot seem to find this.  I would love for music to be default as Artist rather than default folder on my TV and phone.

Well after hours of looking for it and finally posting the above 5 minutes later I figured it out.  I initially created the libraries when I installed an old 3.1.xx version of the server.  I upgraded earlier tonight to 4.6.2.  Apparently when I did that it decided that my libraries were "mixed type" rather than Movie, Music, and TV as I initially set them up.  Once I deleted the libraries and re-created them I now have the options for default view.

So far I've hit a couple snags from my choice to install from Ubuntu repositories.  Other than my own errors from this choice Emby is great.  Thank you.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, cmittle09 said:

Well after hours of looking for it and finally posting the above 5 minutes later I figured it out.  I initially created the libraries when I installed an old 3.1.xx version of the server.  I upgraded earlier tonight to 4.6.2.  Apparently when I did that it decided that my libraries were "mixed type" rather than Movie, Music, and TV as I initially set them up.  Once I deleted the libraries and re-created them I now have the options for default view.

So far I've hit a couple snags from my choice to install from Ubuntu repositories.  Other than my own errors from this choice Emby is great.  Thank you.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Apologies for the disruption.