Emby Server in Docker, always chooses software dec/enc

roofuskit

roofuskit

Everything appears to be setup perfectly. Hardware check inside docker sees the video card correctly. Emby Server sees the video card correctly and allows me to select it for various hardware transcoding settings. But when I force a video to transcode it loads up the CPU and the logs appear to say that it is choosing to use a software decoder/encoder each time. I see several mentions of subtitles in the logs but I had subtitles off each time and have the passthrough option enabled. 

Is there something I can do about this, or is it expected behavior? I have attached a few examples of it choosing the software method as well as my hardware detection log. 

Currently I'm running my Emby server on an Nvidia ShieldTV and I would really like to switch it over to my normal Ubuntu server which primarily runs things in docker.

ffmpeg-remux-8d49d268-db57-41d0-85f7-1ab85b08dbae_1.txtffmpeg-transcode-8695e81b-7c2e-4e8b-ad11-5b36a07eb068_1.txtffmpeg-transcode-7e1bd47b-4c88-4858-8025-acd1705d60b4_1.txthardware_detection-63756973622.txt

Edited by roofuskit

HI there, do you have Emby Premiere? Hardware transcoding requires Emby Premiere. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

roofuskit
9 hours ago, Luke said:

HI there, do you have Emby Premiere? Hardware transcoding requires Emby Premiere. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Yup, I hadn't put my key in on this server after I set it up. That did it. Maybe the logs should say something about that.

Edited by roofuskit