Emby 2.0.0.9g Playback Issues/Android TV

furiousp
Go to solution Solved by vdatanet,

furiousp

I’m unable to get Emby playback(EMBY PREMIERE) on a Sony Android TV, it was operational for several months until today.
The menus in the app all look fine but when I select a thumbnail to play a TV episode, I’ll get frozen image from the show and then a blank screen with the spinning wheel.
Have tried to play other movies from this device, still no playback.
Restarted my Windows 10 server-same result.
Reinstalled the Emby app-same result.
Emby plays fine on the host server computer as well as another TV which I have the Emby app installed on an Apple TV.

I have sent the logs from my Android TV to the developer site.
Log sent :5:45pm EST 5/18/2020
USER:PJ Cilia

• Solution
vdatanet

Can you try to sideload the latest beta version? Maybe it will solve your problem.

Hi.  This is an old DVD rip and you were resuming it?  Does the issue occur if you are not resuming?  Does it occur on other types of media (like h264)?

furiousp

Hi ebr, thanks for your response. The error occurs  whether I'm resuming or playing from frame one(480iMPEG2)

I have quite a few dvd ripswith the same codecs and as mentioned, has not previously been an issue.

Upon further sampling of my library, it seems that hd  rips(at least those I've sampled) will indeed play.

I've reposted my logs at 10:25 am EST.

USER:PJ Cilia

vdatanet

suggested that I might try sideloading the beta app. I haven't done that process before, I can investigate.

furiousp

Thank you, ebr and vdatanet!

I sideloaded the  2.0.20 beta as suggested and the SD files are operational once again.