Emby Theater always opens in the wrong monitor

jglazer63

jglazer63

I have 3 monitors.  Lets just label them [1]. [2]. [3].  [2] is my primary monitor and the largest.  So I would prefer emby to open in that monitor.  Nearly every time (not always) it opens full-screen on [1].  How can I fix this?

• 9 months later...
DylanParham

I have this issue occasionally as well. I have found that it sometimes opens on non-primary monitors. Usually the quickest fix is to take ET out of fullscreen, move it to the primary monitor and completely out of the one it opened in and then entering fullscreen again. It seems that ET prefers to hook to the monitor where the upper left corner of the window is located. The thing that gets me tripped up sometimes is that you can still drag the window even if it is hooked and fullscreen, and it doesn't "automatically" switch to windowed mode. So you click on the maximize button and it reverts to windowed, and then you have to click the maximize button again.

As for a default monitor, I've seen a couple of other forum topics discussing difficulty with ET remembering which monitor to open on. It would be really awesome to have a setting to explicitly declare which one you want it to open on, but I know the devs are super busy and this is probably a small use case generally speaking. Here's hoping :)

Edited by DylanParham
edit

Hi, we are working on a new Windows app that should improve this behavior so please stay tuned. Thanks.

• Like 2