Login issue to Emby Connect and forums

Hunter18

Hunter18

I am fairly new to Emby and I did not verify my Emby Connect email when I signed up for Emby Connect with my Admin account. I am unable to use that account to log into Emby Connect remotely or log into the forums. I tried clicking on users on my server and having another email sent so I could click on the verification but that didn't work (no email generated). I also tried changing password but didn't fix the issue either as I am still getting the invalid username or password error.

I ended up creating another user, which I am using on the forum now, but I would like my admin account to have access. Any suggestions? 

22 hours ago, Hunter18 said:

I am fairly new to Emby and I did not verify my Emby Connect email when I signed up for Emby Connect with my Admin account. I am unable to use that account to log into Emby Connect remotely or log into the forums. I tried clicking on users on my server and having another email sent so I could click on the verification but that didn't work (no email generated). I also tried changing password but didn't fix the issue either as I am still getting the invalid username or password error.

I ended up creating another user, which I am using on the forum now, but I would like my admin account to have access. Any suggestions? 

Just so you know there is no such thing as an Emby Connect admin account.  They are all just "accounts".  What access they have depends on the user you attach it to on your Emby Server.  So for example the forum account you are using now "Hunter18" is a valid Emby Connect account as forum and EC accounts are one and the same.

If you fill in the optional Emby Connect username for your user on your Emby Server as "Hunter18" then this will work.  If the user on your system is an ADMIN then this EC login will have admin privs on your server.

But before Emby Connect is really useful you have to have remote setup working for your Emby Server.  Have you done this and confirmed it works using canyouseeme.org?
Check out this Knowledge Base article on Remote Setup:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44002137137-remote-setup

Hunter18

I have a ddns url set up along with SSL cert and I can log in remotely to my server from my Hunter18 account but I cannot from my Admin account. My admin account just gives me a wrong username and password, although the password works for LAN if I sign out of my server. I can just leave Hunter18 as the user account that has the remote access but my Admin account should be able to access via WAN and I can only access via LAN without getting the invalid username or password error. 

Also, my Emby server doesn't show my Admin username as Admin. When I first started using Emby a month or so ago I obviously didn't know what I was doing and messed up my Admin account somehow for remote access. (It shows a cloud on the user dashboard but doesn't say the word admin in the pic at the bottom.)

I can give Hunter18 admin privileges but still wondering why I can't log into my Admin account remotely.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, jachin99 said:

Is there an option somewhere to disable remote administration?

Disable Remote access on Local admin account.

Hi,

Sure, turn off remote login for any administration account.

image.png.2b00595652c617728d043c02d9d77642.png

• Agree 1