What am I missing? Music stops when Picture Slide Show starts.

Steve1974
Go to solution Solved by Steve1974,

Steve1974

Hi all,
Still new to Emby, have sorted most things, and finally committed to setting up my Libraries properly.

Originally wanted to have a ShieldTV to act as server and client, but found the shield to be lacking for serving purposes for live tv + recordngs, so, switched serving duties to a Windows 10 machine, that will idle to sleep when not in use.
The ShieldTV's now run as clients only, as well as Windows Emby Web interface for testing.

Now. I just setup my picture and music libraries today, a key thing I like to do is have a slideshow playing, with music also playing, basic functionality right? Well, I must be missing something because;

1) On the Shield, I can start Music, navigate back to the home screen, and the system locks up completely, then crashes shortly after a few key presses. 
2) Maybe this is just a bit broken for Android clients, lets try the Windows side of it in the Web Interface (on the server machine), well, I can get back to the home page, navigate to the pictures library and start a slide show, but the music stops. Close the picture, the music starts.

Is it really broken like this, or should I expect it to work?? Maybe I've missed something in setup?

I've attached some logs immediately after scenario 2, not sure if they will also show what happened on the sheild, but that may well be something for the android side of the emby support community?

Any thoughts, comments or advice appreciated, as this is actually important to me. Others handle this part well, but Emby seems to handle LiveTV/DVR better than them, which is also important to me, I just want to have everything in one place and it work....

Many Thanks,
Steve 

ffmpeg-transcode-da157f96-bbb5-425d-bf91-10a69f5c050d_1 (1).txt embyserver (2).txt

Hi.  The app on the Shield should support what you are trying to do.  The web app, however, isn't designed for it at this time.

So, we need to get to the bottom of why the Shield app is crashing on you.  Can you reproduce that crash and then immediately re-enter the app and send a log from the app?

justinrh

I noticed another post about this issue.  So I thought I'd give it a try.  I could not reproduce, just as a point of reference.

Steve1974

@ebr.

Apologies, I missed your update. I will endeavour to do this tonight ~6-7 hours from now.

Understood about the web app, would the windows desktop version support this? I can test that at the same rime I suppose.

Kind Regards,

Steve

Steve1974

Hi @ebr

I've just sent the logs from the SheildTV (AndroidTV) app.
Sequence of events was started @20:20 local time (UTC10:20)

Select music file Tinpan Orange, Birdy
Press back button twice to exit music library, back to home page.
No response from key presses for a short period.
Application closes, returns to Android TV home page.
Start Emby again, send logs.

Also included Server Logs, just in case.

Hope it gives you something useful, if you need more, please let me know.

Regards,

Steve

embyserver (3).txt ffmpeg-transcode-ce22449a-a2a7-40cd-9101-4df58063f0fc_1.txt

3 hours ago, Steve1974 said:

Hi @ebr

I've just sent the logs from the SheildTV (AndroidTV) app.
Sequence of events was started @20:20 local time (UTC10:20)

Select music file Tinpan Orange, Birdy
Press back button twice to exit music library, back to home page.
No response from key presses for a short period.
Application closes, returns to Android TV home page.
Start Emby again, send logs.

Also included Server Logs, just in case.

Hope it gives you something useful, if you need more, please let me know.

Regards,

Steve

embyserver (3).txt 4.05 MB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-ce22449a-a2a7-40cd-9101-4df58063f0fc_1.txt 366.17 kB · 0 downloads

Hi.  This should be fixed in the current beta of the app.

Thanks.