Playlists

bnairb

pünktchen

That is handled by each client. Most of them have the ability to "Shuffle" play them.

I hope that's not your last word on this :(

We need smart playlists like in xbmc. Not every client is that clever...

pünktchen

Take all movies with genre action, from year 1990 to 2000, which are unwatched and organise them random. Isn't this a smart playlist? I don't use MBC at all, but i can wait for the Server.

Take all movies with genre action, from year 1990 to 2000, which are unwatched and organise them random. Isn't this a smart playlist? I don't use MBC at all, but i can wait for the Server.

Yes, that is a smart list but that isn't the question that was asked in this particular thread.  All that was asked here was if there was a way to randomize the list available in the existing implementation and the answer is basically yes - but it is done at the time of playback on the client.

I hope that's not your last word on this :(

We need smart playlists like in xbmc. Not every client is that clever...

Smart playlists are a completely different piece of functionality and are planned for the server.  In the meantime, my MB Plus plug-in does provide this type of functionality for MBC.

bxsteez

I'm wondering if its the latest server updated.  Nothing seems to be working. MBC is flat out crashing and just hanging in the menu. I have to close WMC to even force shut it down.

**EDIT**

I discovered part of my issue.  When I make a playlist it is stored in some data folder in my Users folder on my server and when I try and play that playlists its trying to access that location even though I'm trying to access it from a different PC.  There is UNC path option for me to correct this.  I think this is a playlist bug

**EDIT AGAIN***

Turns out I was not using the MBC that worked with playlist.  Updated to Dev 199 and it works although I still can not shuffle

Edited by bxsteez

• 3 months later...

Where are the playlists?  I'm looking at the web browser interface, and can't find them.  I see where I can mouse over a movie or song, and "Add to playlist", but where can I find the playlists, i've created? Thanks!

FrostByte

Where are the playlists?  I'm looking at the web browser interface, and can't find them.  I see where I can mouse over a movie or song, and "Add to playlist", but where can I find the playlists, i've created? Thanks!

Once you've created a playlist it should automatically add a playlist folder to the Home screen and to the menu at the upper left corner of your screen.  If you still don't see it then try clicking on the edit button next to My Views on the Home screen and you may need to add a check next to Playlists to see the folder

54996a28b8cf7_Untitled.jpg

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1