Emby won't tune 12.1 NBC (Phoenix) via HDHR. Other channels work fine. 12.1 works in HDHR app.

RandallC

RandallC

Hello!  

I am having trouble with a single channel not tuning - if I attempt it, I get a spinning wheel loading screen no matter which client I try it on (have tried Android, Chrome).  I have confirmed via the HDHR app that I can tune the channel without issue, so no apparent signal quality problems.

Nothing is popping out at my in the logs, but I am attaching them in case someone can help.  My latest attempt can be found by ctrl-F'ing:

2021-05-16 13:19:26.659 Info LiveTV: Streaming Channel hdhr_12.1

Logs are attached.  Any help would be much appreciated...I'm missing the hockey game!

embyserver.txt

RandallC

The plot thickens...

I forgot to mention - I am running one of the new HDHR4K's.  And if I use the HDHR app to tune to 12.1 and THEN go to emby, I can successfully get it to load - I presume because the tuner is already active and tuned to 12.1 (?)

Pancho

Setup - Server Version 4.5.4.0 (running on Unraid 6.9.2 Docker)

ALL:

I can confirm I am experiencing this identical issue for one channel 18.1 - Charlotte CW (that I have found so far) using the new HDHDR4k TV tuner as well.    All clients (Android, ShieldTV, Emby Theater) fail to tune the channel   Mine states:

2021-05-16 17:22:24.819 Info LiveTvManager: Opening channel stream from Emby, external channel Id: hdhr_18.1
2021-05-16 17:22:24.819 Info LiveTV: Streaming Channel hdhr_18.1

Recordings on this channel have been working for weeks without issue.    Similar to Randall above I am able to tune the channel sucessfully via the HDHR app.  

HDHR Tuner Log

Virtual Channel    18.1 WCCB-Dt
Frequency    497.000 MHz
Program Number    3
Modulation Lock    8vsb
Signal Strength    94%
Signal Quality    100%
Symbol Quality    100%
Streaming Rate    11.307 Mbps
Resource Lock    192.168.0.60

However, unlike Randall, mine will not tune in the channel (even if I have the HDHR app open with 18.1 tuned in).     Suggestions?

Thanks.

Pancho

embyserver.zip

Edited by Pancho
  • Like 1

That would be my guess that AC4 audio isn't support (yet) since this is a 4K channel. Good news is that ATSC3/AC4 should make it into the NEXT BETA cycle with the current beta likely ending today. 

Right now any ATSC3 channels should also be broadcast on another channel as 720 or 1080.

Can you verify opening http://192.168.1.28/lineup.html shows this as ATSC3 channel?

Here are a couple of posts on this.

Pancho

EBR/Cayars, thanks for the input.     Currently, there are no HEVC (ATSC 3.0 - AC4) channels operating in my area yet (should be later this summer).    Everything is the standard 1080i or 720.   Attached is the channel line up per your request.

Any other ideas?

Pancho

Channel LineUp.jpg

I am able to tune 18.1 but I'm pulling it OTA via an older HDHR.  So I'm not sure...

Pancho I just took a look at your server log for channel 18.1 playback and it's 720p with AC3 audio which should be pretty standard.

Do you have a problem playing this channel back in all clients as well as web?
Do you get an ffmpeg log file generated during playback?

Pancho

All clients are unable to tune in 18.1 and receive an endless spinning circle.    No ffmpeg from Emby Theater, but did receive one from the Nvidia Shield and also from my Android phone (Pixel 4a) attached.  

Also the firmware on the HDHR-4K is the latest (Version 20210224.)

Pixel4a -ffmpeg-directstream-e64accd9-c0e9-4b72-8c6e-b459844e040e_1.txt Pixel4a-ffmpeg-transcode-8410ee18-73c3-416a-b884-7bb3bdccf399_1.txt ShieldTV - ffmpeg-directstream-1ac4dc15-97de-4383-bc33-f93fa4bdb691_1.txt

It's not liking the audio codec it seems.  Are you able to record this channel? If so can you record something for 5 minutes?

Pancho

Started a 5 minute recording of channel 18.1(which unfortunately was Jerry Springer of all shows 😄).    Just received a spinning circle.  Validated the recordedTV directory shows the folder structure, but only create a 20kb TS file that never increases in size.

Attached are the updated logs.

ffmpeg-directstream-1ac4dc15-97de-4383-bc33-f93fa4bdb691_1.txt embyserver.txt

Try this from a browser

http://192.168.0.14:5004/auto/v18.1?duration=60

http://192.168.0.14:5004/auto/v18.1?duration=60

That should download an mpeg file of 60 seconds.  Can you upload that file please.

I don't see anything unusual about this file by the specs

image.png.451f01be8842d7f32f4db75bf5bf63d1.png

That file plays fine for me but that is very different from tuning to a channel on the tuner.

• Like 1

RandallC

Hey all.  I'm glad @Pancho was able to provide more logs - apparently I didn't get notifications from the thread.  @cayars - as I think you've discovered, it's not an ATSC 3.0 station (for me either).  Note in particular that Emby can successfully play the station if the station is already tuned via the HDHR app.

Would you like any feedback from me?  A recording?

Could you update your server to the current release 4.6 and try again.  4.6 was released today so it would be nice to see if you get any improvement from that.

Yes this has nothing to do with ATSC 3.0!

It is interesting that it can play if already tuned.  But doesn't it use a different tuner than the HDHR app?

RandallC
10 minutes ago, cayars said:

Could you update your server to the current release 4.6 and try again.  4.6 was released today so it would be nice to see if you get any improvement from that.

Yes this has nothing to do with ATSC 3.0!

It is interesting that it can play if already tuned.  But doesn't it use a different tuner than the HDHR app?

Done and no change in behaviour with 4.6.  I will look and see if it uses a different tuner or hops onto the same one.

RandallC

@cayars frustratingly, I can't reproduce the magic from the weekend any longer.  Tuning it ahead of time no longer seems to knock sense into emby, now it just falls back to what you see in the attached screenshot.

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 4.55.25 PM.png

1 hour ago, RandallC said:

@cayars frustratingly, I can't reproduce the magic from the weekend any longer.  Tuning it ahead of time no longer seems to knock sense into emby, now it just falls back to what you see in the attached screenshot.

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 4.55.25 PM.png

Hi there @RandallC, can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried to do this? Thanks.

Pancho

Completed the Emby server update to version 4.6 and was able to successfully tune to 18.1 with Emby Theater, Nvidia Shield and my Android phone.    Ran a test recording & playback of the channel without issue as well.    I will test other stations to see if the issue persists elsewhere.

So far it appears that the update resolved my issue!

Thanks for all your help @cayars!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Completed the Emby server update to version 4.6 and was able to successfully tune to 18.1 with Emby Theater, Nvidia Shield and my Android phone.    Ran a test recording & playback of the channel without issue as well.    I will test other stations to see if the issue persists elsewhere.

So far it appears that the update resolved my issue!

Thanks for all your help @cayars!

Thanks for the feedback !

RandallC
44 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there @RandallC, can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried to do this? Thanks.

Here you go, latest attempt around timestamp 2021-05-19 19:44:07.

embyserver (1).txt

Are you able to do a recording of this problem channel?