TV episode parsing issue

TheShanMan

TheShanMan

I have a TV episode with this in the name: "s03e26-s04e01". It's an end of season to be continued cliff-hanger, so I guess for the bluray they decided to just combine it into a single episode for the end of season 3. It is getting interpreted as season 3 episode 1 (as opposed to s 3 ep 26 or s 4 ep 1), so I ended up with 2 copies of s 3 ep 1 in media browser.

I've renamed the file to resolve the issue, but I thought it would be worth mentioning here in case some tweaking is in order. It seems strange to me that it would latch on to the season from the first part but the episode from the second. Seems like it should determine what it is entirely from the first part or entirely from the second part.

Perhaps it just ignores the season altogether though since it's in a season 3 folder? Nevertheless, it seems there's a bit of room for improving the episode detection algorithm.

It ignore the fact that the season number changes throughout the episode. We're not likely to change this unless this starts becoming more common, so i would just split the file or rename however you need to rename.

TheShanMan

Like I said, I've renamed it. I wasn't suggesting it should somehow handle both. I just think it ought to have picked 26 since that came first.