Emby hat keine Rechte, kann nicht löschen

Kodi_Newcomer

Kodi_Newcomer

Hallo Com,

ich nutze Emby nun auf einem Linux Server, Emby läuft ja mit dem User Emby. Die Ordner und die Files gehören dem User homeserver. Wie kann ich nun Emby die Rechte geben, damit er löschen kann ? Habe Emby in die Gruppe Homeserver gepackt.

index.png.6c2e2cf8867ddc334aa4702dddaf1568.png

Die Ordner und Files haben alle chmod 777. Dennoch kommt beim Löschversuch.

1212.png.ef54170197bc6315b7f432750c46e69e.png

Was kann ich tun ? Kann ich emby mit dem user homeserver starten, oder gibt es dann Probleme ? Oder was kann ich tun, damit das funktioniert.

Grüße,

Newcomer

Hi, You would need to grant "Emby" user access to the library paths with the correct permissions.

Kodi_Newcomer
20 minutes ago, cayars said:

Hi, You would need to grant "Emby" user access to the library paths with the correct permissions.

how can i do this. ? I have add the user Emby to the group Homserver, how is the owner of the files.

Kodi_Newcomer
Just now, Luke said:

Hi there, have you taken a look at this?

No, but now i will have a look inside, and i hope i can fix it.

• Like 1

Kodi_Newcomer

Hm, i know how it works with the permissions. Emby have no permissions, because the folders and files are under homeuser and the files have 755.

So i have to add the user emby in the group homeserver, that he can delet files there ?

I have add the emby user in the homeserver group, but it will not work. Should i have to reboot the mashine ?

Or can i change the user from emby to homeserver ? That he starts as homeserver and not as emby ?

Edited by Kodi_Newcomer

That thread explains this well.

Make sure you understand the 3 permission groups for owner, group and other.
Then based on the permissions you likely just need to add the user to the group with the proper permissions.

Kodi_Newcomer
23 minutes ago, cayars said:

That thread explains this well.

Make sure you understand the 3 permission groups for owner, group and other.
Then based on the permissions you likely just need to add the user to the group with the proper permissions.

Homeserver is the owner from the files and folders. So i have to add emby to this group right ? I have add the user emby to the group homeuser over the gui. But emby cant delet anything in there.

I can't answer this for sure.  What you need to know is what user is running emby server.

Then by following the instructions in the linked post above, make sure that user has the permission for Read and Write for all media libraries.

Kodi_Newcomer
43 minutes ago, cayars said:

I can't answer this for sure.  What you need to know is what user is running emby server.

Then by following the instructions in the linked post above, make sure that user has the permission for Read and Write for all media libraries.

Emby Server runs with user : emby. So when i put emby in the homeserver group he should have permissions.

What insctruction ? In the link is a guide to understand the permissions from linux.

Yes and if you understand what's in the OP post this would all be very clear. :)

Kodi_Newcomer

The other tool set 775 and now, emby can handle the files and can delet it. Now it should work.

• Like 1