Sony XH95 + Sony soundbar st5000 - sound drop outs

blaQemby
Go to solution Solved by blaQemby,

blaQemby

the emby app is installed on the sony 55inch xh95.

While playing a movie through emby, the sound is not out of sync. However the sound dissapears for 0.1- 0.2 seconds, randomly and often. This issue is not experienced otherwise. How can i fix this issue? 

The soundbar HT-ST5000 is connected to tv via an high end hdmi 2.1 cable.

blaQemby
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please go over an example?

Thanks.

when i play an movie like with true hd 7.1 or 7.1 DTS HX the volume dissapears like with 70% and returns to normal. This happens fast but over and over again randomly. 

I have been scavanging the forums and it seems like there is an issue with smart tvs and DTS sound ? 

It seems like i have to get an nvidia shield to resolve this issue?

blaQemby
14 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Can we please look at logs from an example playback?

How do i do this? Thanks

7 hours ago, blaQemby said:

How do i do this? Thanks

Hi.  There are instructions in that link I provided.  However, I will say that I don't think we've found a TV that will pass DTS from the internal Android system.

• Solution
blaQemby
16 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  There are instructions in that link I provided.  However, I will say that I don't think we've found a TV that will pass DTS from the internal Android system.

edit: i did a stat for nerds, took pictures of it. Ill include in the attached. The one with anime background is wokring fine. The one with red backgroud is an example of what is not working well.

Like that one? I didnt find what the specific file name should be for the log as there are 3 different log file files..  Hardware detection,  embyserver-NUMBERS and embyserver.txt

I shared embyserver.txt right here right now. 

I dont know if i describe my problem right? Hmm. When said "No pass DTS from internal android system" does this mean it will have issues or will not work at all? 

Should i record from my phone to describe the issue?

Edit: I found in the link where it describe "emby for android TV logs" but there is no such thing as "logs" in ANY of the cogs on the playback OSD.

Edit3: 
REMOVED EMBYSERVER.TXT

Issue SOLVED!:
I Bought an nVidia Shield TV PRO.. It solved the issue completely.

image_67161345.JPG

image_67200257.JPG

Edited by blaQemby