Which is the best Emby app for DS119j

Bobby121418

Bobby121418

Hi,

I have tried several version from the Emby site, but for most I get an error message. Finally, a Beta version seems to be the onlyone that works.

Can someone please tell me the version that works (non-Beta if possible).

Thanks

Best

B.

Hi, what version did you try that you had a problem with? What was the problem?

Bobby121418

I tried initially armv7 as I understood that was the chip on ds119j so:

4.5.4.0 armv7

4.6.0.43 arm7

I kept getting error message that this version is not compatible. So, I tried all the other versions I could see under Synology.

I also tried:

Armv8

And the legacy armv7 4.5.4.0 and 4.6.0.43.

The 4.6.0.43 is one one that got installed. I had to do a manual install of course.

Just to say that it is extremly slow and I cannot seem to connect to my server from Emby page. I am Still trying to do the initial setup .

Thanks

Bsst

B.

Happy2Play

Per your other topic it appears you need armv8.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.0.44/emby-server-synology_4.6.0.44_armv8.spk

But don't really know the issue if you have already tried it.  But could be the processor itself.

Marvell A3720 dual-core 800MHz

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Babak1701
On 12/05/2021 at 00:09, Happy2Play said:

It is possible but documentation says it is armv8.

ARMADA 3700 Hardware Specifications (marvell.com)

Hi,

So, I installed 4.6.0.44 armv8, however, the system has been really slow and over the last couple of days I have lost connectivity to the DSM for periods of up to 8 or 9 hours. I have then had to restart the app.

So, far I have bot managed to link my server with the Emby login.

Is the ds119j simply not good enough for Emby?

Thanks

B

I think for the processing power.. it needs to be more... or installed on your system. To be installed on a single hard drive box.. most people would use a miniPC or a larger NAS with more processing power.. I can tell the difference in processing power between my NAS and my PC.. and it uses a dual core 2.1 GHz processor with 2 GB of RAM..

Mine still runs and works .. ok but not as good as it does installed on my PC... I have never looked at minimum requirements or EMBY either.

Babak1701

Ok, may be then I removeEmby and stick with Synology's own media server which is basic but works.

Thanks for your help.

If the package installs on your NAS, then it is supported and should work just fine. Please attach the emby server log from when you thought it was slow. Thanks.

Babak1701
11 minutes ago, Luke said:

If the package installs on your NAS, then it is supported and should work just fine. Please attach the emby server log from when you thought it was slow. Thanks.

I can try. Can you please tell me how?

For the time being I cannot get past the registration or login page before I lose connectivity. Is the server doing anything like indexing at this early stage because the disk is always working rapidly.

Thanks

I cannot get past the registration or login page 

What registration/login page exactly?

Babak1701
4 hours ago, Luke said:

What registration/login page exactly?

The first page you get when you open the app.

Babak1701
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

What exactly does it say?

At the moment I have no connectivity, when I do I will let you know.

I saw this system requirements page 

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159036-system-requirements

I think you need 1.6GHz processor with 512MB memory, is that correct? My device is a 800MHz processor with 256MB memory.

Thanks