"Played" Flag by User?

WalNet76

WalNet76

If several people on the same server watch the same shows.  How can Emby Server set the played flag by user? 

Example If my brother watches an episode I have not watched it disappears in my library under the unplayed filter. 

I am trying to keep up with what I have not watched, if another user watches it before me it goes to played and is filtered out. 

Hi.  Are you both logging in as the same Emby user?  We already track all of this by user.

MBSki
4 minutes ago, WalNet76 said:

Example If my brother watches an episode I have not watched it disappears in my library under the unplayed filter. 

Is your brother logging in as you? If you setup multiple users on your server, each user will maintain their own play status. Need to make sure the other user is logging in with their own user account though.

WalNet76

Thanks everyone, we are logging in with separate user accounts, however it is showing played on mine.  Perhaps I have set up something wrong. 

vdatanet
11 minutes ago, WalNet76 said:

Thanks everyone, we are logging in with separate user accounts, however it is showing played on mine.  Perhaps I have set up something wrong. 

Do you use Trakt plugin? Maybe your brother is pushing watched status to Trakt, and you are pulling status from the same account.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Or you have linked same Connect account to both users. 

Is that like an Emby multi-personality disorder?  LOL

• Haha 1

Click on the configuration for NFO plugin.

You can set the plugin to save watched status for ONE user this way.

8 hours ago, crusher11 said:

Yes, I was meaning to suggest @WalNet76 might have set that accidentally, or unaware of how it would behave.

That won't cause a problem.  We never read that.  It is only written for 3rd party applications.

• Like 1