Emby Guide Data Empty

AdamWinter

AdamWinter

I've added in my Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD tuner as well as installed WinTV application.  I can view the TV channels just fine, but the Emby guide data is blank.  I have it set for OTA channels.  When I refresh the guide data, the refresh bar barley blinks and it's done, but still no guide data.  Any suggestions?

Hi, I would review the Live TV setup overview
https://support.emby.media/a/solutions/articles/44001160415

with special attention to the Live TV Channel Mapping section which is linked here
https://support.emby.media/a/solutions/articles/44001848809

Once you've completed that step you should be able to load data and have a nice EPG in Emby.

AdamWinter

Worked like a champ!  The mapping was the part I was missing.  None of the channels mapped automatically, but once I went through the process, the guide is fully populated.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
GloverEggs

Okay I feel stupid, but I've been fighting with this for almost 2 hours.  I'm trying to set up live TV for the first time.  I have Hauppauge WinTV v10 loaded including the guide and EPG.  This guide is correct.

I can't get Emby to map my channels to the guide.  All of the channels show "Not mapped to guide data."  Everything I've read says that there should be an option once you create the guide (which I've deleted and remade several times) to map the channels.  But as you can see from the image below, I never get an option to map the channels.

image.png.2cb0cc3a566e8867faa499060320d535.png

What I doing wrong?

embyserver.txt

GloverEggs

Okay I just discovered that I can go into each individual channel and assign a channel to the guide.   When I do that, the guide loads for those channels.   I will therefore go through each channel and do this, but still isn't there supposed to be an option to do this off the guide?

Hi, probably the easiest place to do this is the Channels menu under Live TV setup.

GloverEggs

What I mean by off the guide is this:image.png.eecad64e5aa861b15eb332f7cb685d26.png

My version never gives me the option to map channels from the Emby Guide Data.  The three dots only show edit and delete, not delete and map channels like the support article states.  Don't know if things have changed and the support is wrong or if there is an error on my end.

@cayars will update the support guide, but there's now a whole new screen dedicated to mapping channels, which you can access from the Emby Server dashboard.