Next Episode Button on Remote and HUD Persistency Issue

icegoddess222

icegoddess222

Hi!

Ive been using Emby Theater on my computer and using a wireless remote to control playback and browse media. But, whenever Im watching a show and I finish an episode, Ill use the Next Episode button on the remote to skip to the next episode, which will bring the HUD up (not sure if HUD is correct term, but Im talking about the on screen interface with the media controls, duration bar, and title, season, and episode title). However, after pressing Next Episode the HUD doesnt ever minimize afterwards, and itll persist on screen until I interact with it or move my mouse. The same happens when pressing Previous Episode as well.

Im currently on Emby Theater 3.0.15

Hi,

OSD (On Screen Display) is typically what we would call that instead of HUD. 

Question for you.  If instead of of using the Next Episode button on the remote itself if you use up/down arrow keys to bring up the OSD and select the Next Episode button and use a select/enter button on the remote, does it work correctly then?

Thanks

icegoddess222

Ah thank you!

If i use the OSD to select next episode and press enter, it does function normally and the OSD dissappears after a few seconds!

Thanks, hopefully that is enough info for a dev to take a look at this.

• 2 weeks later...
icegoddess222
53 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi @icegoddess222 are you still seeing this occur?

yea, heres a video of it

rather uneventful, but you can see the OSD stays on screen until i interact with the interface again when i hit right arrow to move the selector over

im on 3.0.15 still if there was an update recently

video player doesnt seem to work for me on firefox, so ive also uploaded it to here:

https://streamable.com/jjqtkp

Edited by icegoddess222
adding link to video

OK thanks for doing that. I think I see why and this should be easy to resolve.