Still no captions when....

Tony B.

Tony B.

There are several recordings with captions, that means the captions are there in original programming but refuse to appear in the app.

So, MCEBuddy can rip the captions out to srt, but, Direct Play or Direct Stream can't do it?

There are literally no captions on any program I watch now. If I wanted it, I would have to record it and watch it later.

This is a spit-in-the-face to people that have disabilities. Sorry for your distaste and disregard for people that are hearing impaired.

Edited by Tony B.

Hi Tony.

Are these files direct playing and you can't get the captions or is this a problem only when transcoding/direct streaming?
If not direct playing, what is the reason according to Stats for Nerds?

Hi.  If this is still the situation of CC in interlaced content then it will require the next server release (4.6) to correct.

Thanks.

• Agree 1

Dizzy49

I just got back from vacation, and loaded up my phone with a crapload of downloaded anime before I left.  None of them would display subtitles.  When I connected to WiFi and played direct they wouldn't play them either.

When I connected with my laptop they would play, but if I paused, or went out and resumed play, the subtitles were WAY ahead of the video.

10 hours ago, Dizzy49 said:

I just got back from vacation, and loaded up my phone with a crapload of downloaded anime before I left.  None of them would display subtitles.  When I connected to WiFi and played direct they wouldn't play them either.

When I connected with my laptop they would play, but if I paused, or went out and resumed play, the subtitles were WAY ahead of the video.

Hi.  That is something completely different than what is being discussed here so please post a new topic in the appropriate forum.  Thanks.

• 6 months later...
Tony B.

Going on 2 years now.

Nothing in the newest server update or apps

Shameful. This should have been priority #1

• 11 months later...
Tony B.

Improvements are closer than I think? This is a year later and they still don't show. Major delays or something?

28 minutes ago, Tony B. said:

No replies?

All I see is "Unable to load subtitles" even though the stream is there.

I think what you may be seeing now is different from whatever this original issue was since we handle CC differently now.  This is likely a situation with the brand of CC that Exo simply doesn't "see" and we don't know why yet but can you please open a new topic with a specific example?

Thanks.