Can't Sign In Or Reset Password

BornOfFire

BornOfFire

I'm on the latest version of the Emby app on both my Samsung Galaxy S20 and Samsung Smart TV but I can't sign in to either of the apps. It tells me that my username/password is invalid even though it's not. It won't let me change my password either, only brings up a statement about trying again on my home network even though I'm using my home network!! Anyone got any idea what the problem might be?

BornOfFire

I was able to login via the URL but when I clicked on the server it logged me out and I couldn't log back in.

Are you logging in as the admin?

Do you have another account to try?

BornOfFire

I don't have another account. I presume I'm logging in as admin, I don't see the option to change it on the app login screen.

If it's logging you out, that would usually mean you're typing something wrong and not providing the correct credentials.

Did you happen to setup Emby Connect for this account?

BornOfFire

I can sign in to the second link but not the first link. Just get a connection failure error when I click on the server after signing in but it doesn't sign me out like the first link did.

If you were able to sign in via the second link the try changing your password on your server account.

You may also want to create a 2nd account to have just in case you even forget the password or something goes wrong.