No Dolby Atmos when Dolby Vision present

blumamba

blumamba

Good day to you all!

I have been waiting on the new release for some time now since I knew it would allow for Dolby Vision (DV).  

I have a Shield Pro TV connected to my Denon X6300H via an 8K certified hdmi cable which is connected to my Sony 85X950H via an 8K certified hdmi cable.

My Shield Pro TV is using 8.2.2, emby server 4.5.4.0 and the new 2.0 emby app.

I use dvdfabs Dolby Vision Profile which is in the mp4 container using the copy features, web optimized and sub embed.  I use that also for my hdr rips in the mkv file container with my tweeks.

I have had zero issues with Dolby Atmos (DA) in the set up described with the exception of Dolby Vision (DV).  Previous versions of emby would play the DV but not DV and DA and the load time would take 15 seconds or so on 5g wifi.  The new update drops the load time to about 4 seconds but have the same results, no audio.

All of my other mkv hdr files play correctly with DA or any other sound format.

The DV plays fine but WILL not play the DA even though the stats state "direct" play on all, thus no transcoding.  DV is confirmed playing through the TV menu.  Both DV and DA are confirmed in the file using MediaInfo.

As I said, no issues playing a mkv container with hdr DA material.

What am I missing?

blumamba

I believe you are telling me to use the Shield and send a log as described in the link during the playback of a DA/DV file?

10 hours ago, blumamba said:

I believe you are telling me to use the Shield and send a log as described in the link during the playback of a DA/DV file?

Yes