Aktualisierungsprobleme mit Emby auf Synology DS420+ und Emby for Kodi

S0mbrero

S0mbrero

Moin zusammen, ich habe zwei Probleme, die ich bei der Suche schon finden konnte, deren oft genannte Lösungen bei mir aber leider keine Abhilfe geschaffen haben.

1.: Seit einiger Zeit funktioniert die Echtzeitüberwachung der Bibliotheken in Emby nicht mehr. Neu hinzugefügte Serien und Filme werden nicht eingelesen, solange ich nicht manuell eine Synchronisierung anstoße. Die hier empfohlenen Einstellungen der Synology habe ich vorgenommen, leider ohne Erfolg. Hat irgendjemand noch eine Idee, woran es liegen könnte? Falls es irgendeine Bedeutung hat: die Synology Festplatten laufen unter BTRS und im Raid-Verbund. Ich war vor 2-3 Monaten von einer DS218play auf die DS420+ gewechselt und hatte in dem Zuge Emby komplett neu eingerichtet. Vorher lief die Echtzeitüberwachung problemlos. Leider kann ich nicht genau rekonstruieren, ob es nun von Beginn an seit Neueinrichtung nicht mehr funktionierte oder erst kurz danach.

2. Auf allen Abspielgeräten, auf denen ich meine Bibliothek per Kodi abspiele (zwei Windows-Rechner, ein iPad, eine Nvidia Shield) werden, ebenfalls erst seit kurzer Zeit, auf der Synology gelöschte Serien und Filme nicht mehr aus der Bibliothek entfernt. Neue Inhalte werden ohne Probleme eingespielt, die bestehenden aber nicht angerührt. Nur eine Reparatur der Bibliothek in den Einstellungen des Kody vor Emby Plugins schafft Abhilfe. Auch hier hatte ich mich informiert und den Kodi Companion auf dem Emby Server installiert. Leider schaffte auch das keine Abhilfe. Weitere Ideen, was man machen könnte?

Emby Logs reiche ich gerne nach, wenn mir jemand erklärt, welche ich konkret brauche und wie ich dran komme :) Vielen Dank schon jetzt!

Hi, have you setup your inotify/max_user_watches on the Synology so RTM gets the notification?

S0mbrero

Yep, I did that according to the instructions here and verified the correct input value . Doesn't help, unfortunately :(

Edited by S0mbrero

S0mbrero

Yep, I did that according to the instructions here and verified the correct input value (1048576). Doesn't help, unfortunately :(

OK, we'll need to see a complete server log file after you've added new content to see what we can find in the logs.

S0mbrero

Thanks for your answer, here is my log. As far as I can see the new content (copied to the library folder a minute before the download of the log) was not registered at all.

Could it have something to do with insufficient access rights for Emby? But if so, why does everything work when I start a manual library scan?

embyserver 10.05.2021.txt

Edited by S0mbrero

I do see an error in the LibraryMonitor

2021-05-10 03:03:39.719 Error LibraryMonitor: Error watching path: /volume1/music
Access to the path '/volume1/music/#recycle' is denied.

I would fix that error and then try again.

S0mbrero

I saw that as well but thought it had nothing to do with it as it only relates to the music (and not the movie or tv show) library and only the recycle folder which is only accessible by admin users by default. I will give it a try and just disable the recycle folder completely and see if it changes anything (although I doubt it).

S0mbrero

So I checked the log again and there is still one error there that caught my attention:

2021-05-11 10:58:35.400 Info VaapiCodecProvider: ProcessRun 'ffdetect_vaencdec' Execute: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -hide_banner -show_program_version -loglevel 48 -show_error -show_log 40 vaencdec -print_format json 
2021-05-11 10:58:35.758 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /volume1/music
2021-05-11 10:58:35.761 Info VaapiCodecProvider: ProcessRun 'ffdetect_vaencdec' Process exited with code 0
2021-05-11 10:58:35.839 Info VaapiCodecProvider: Adapter #0: 'Device 32902:12677' Id:12677 (Driver: , Vendor: 32902)
2021-05-11 10:58:35.844 Info QuickSyncCodecProvider: ProcessRun 'ffdetect_qsvencdec' Execute: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -hide_banner -show_program_version -loglevel 48 -show_error -show_log 40 qsvencdec -print_format json 
2021-05-11 10:58:35.850 Info QuickSyncCodecProvider: ProcessRun 'ffdetect_qsvencdec' Process exited with code 0
2021-05-11 10:58:35.910 Info NvidiaCodecProvider: ProcessRun 'ffdetect_nvencdec' Execute: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -hide_banner -show_program_version -loglevel 48 -show_error -show_log 40 nvencdec -print_format json 
2021-05-11 10:58:35.914 Info NvidiaCodecProvider: ProcessRun 'ffdetect_nvencdec' Process exited with code 1

So I guess the music library still makes some problems. Does that mean anything to anyone? 

I also checked for things about the LibraryMonitor in the log and found this:

2021-05-11 10:58:32.708 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /volume1/homes/florian/Serien
2021-05-11 10:58:32.710 Info LiveTV: Loading live tv data from /volume1/Emby/data/livetv/timers
2021-05-11 10:58:32.710 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /volume1/homes/florian/Filme

So it seems that Emby starts the LibraryMonitor but does not find anything (but does not throw an error either). 

S0mbrero

Found another error:

2021-05-11 11:35:51.529 Error App: Error sending socket message from 0.0.0.0:1900 to 239.255.255.250:1900
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.4.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /volume1/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -updatepackage emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.59+ (root@build3) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25556 SMP PREEMPT Thu Mar 18 13:00:34 CST 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.8
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 2
	Data path: /volume1/Emby
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (13): Permission denied
	   at Rssdp.SsdpCommunicationsServer.SendFromSocket(Tuple`4 socketTuple, Memory`1 messageData, IPEndPoint destination, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Void Throw()

Would need to see the full log again for those errors.

Hi, I didn't see any errors in the log this time so that's good.

However I also did not see any notify events sent from the OS to Emby.  Thus Emby can't add new files/shows as it doesn't know about them.

Are you sure you have setup inotify correctly on your synology?

S0mbrero

Do you know what there is to setup with inotify? As far as i know it works out of the box and you just need to change the maximum limit (which I did). Not sure what else I could do with it. 

I'm still learning Synology as I just got started with it myself.  I have not changed the defaults at all on my system in this regard (inotify), but also have the box mapped to my windows servers so it's a bit different for me (right now).  I know there are many threads on this here in the forums that should be a good reference.

The only reason I brought it up is that I didn't see any messages in the log related to that.

Hopefully someone in the know that's been running Synology for a while can jump in and comment!