Xbox App Install Unsuccessful

Tliner4Life

Tliner4Life

Hello,

I'm experiencing difficulties getting the Emby Theater app installed on my first gen Xbox One.

I started noticing that the Emby app would crash when I would try to switch to it from another streaming app like Hulu or Netflix.

So I thought I would try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it.

However, when I try to install the app now all it does is almost immediately after starting say that the installation has stopped.

It tries a couple times before it just plain gives up.

If you go into their download manager you see this error code: 0x80080200.

I'm not sure what other information would be helpful, I could take screen shots with my phone if that will help.

I also tried restarting my Xbox both a soft reset, and also by pulling the power plug on it but I get the same results each time.

Please help.

Thanks,
Jesse

Edited by Tliner4Life

AndyBak

Yep same issues here also. Previously had the app crashing when switching to it but would work fine once relaunched.

Now the update/install is failing.

This is on an Xbox Series X.

rjow2021

Same issue here on both Xbox One S's. Cannot install or use the application. 

Edited by rjow2021

Hi, yes mulitple apps are affected. This happened two or three years ago and it was a Microsoft defect that they eventually resolved.

On Monday if it's not resolved by then I will publish a new version to the store just to see if that might help.

• Like 3

Tliner4Life

Thanks Luke, you're the man. I'll give this a test when I get home from work today. Fingers crossed.