reproduction problems

digitalmt

digitalmt

Hello I hope I can explain myself well.

A Before the update released for devices with Android TV, the emby application when playing a video file worked fine, now the audio tends to fail.

I explain. This happens when I play a movie with a bit rate higher than that supported by my connection, for example, the movie has a bit rate of 12mbits and I have a connection of 10mbits. Therefore, sometimes the playback stops, with the previous version of the app everything worked fine, the playback stopped, expected and then played well. With this update when I stop and replay the audio it sounds bad and the picture tends to look bad too. It will be why they have not sent the server update.

Hi.  Have you tried setting the app max bitrate to something below 10?

digitalmt
8 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Have you tried setting the app max bitrate to something below 10?

Yes and it works, the problem is that it transcodes, it is something that I do not want, the unusual thing is that this problem did not present it before.

2 hours ago, digitalmt said:

the problem is that it transcodes, it is something that I do not want

3 hours ago, digitalmt said:

a movie with a bit rate higher than that supported by my connection

If your content has a bitrate that is not supported by your connection, then we have no choice but to transcode it to a bitrate that can be supported.

You could create versions of your movies with lower bitrates and then we would be able to direct play those.