Ability to turn off buffering circle animation

Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin

Hi there. Bit of an odd request and I can't see that it has been asked before. I would like the ability to switch off the buffering blue circle animation if possible. My setup is done now and If it were to freeze for whatever reason I would assume buffering and be happy to wait without this circle. 

I have movies set to play 2 trailers and then a classic cinema sting ( like the old Carlton hot poker one) which looks great and perfectly sets the mood of a cinema experience, i am even aiming to set light dimming as a trigger when the folder containing the stings is read. Perhaps an ifttt trigger to dim down the lights would do it. This would all be perfect if it wasn't for the blue circle coming up between every trailer, the sting and the movie!

Can it be switched off at all? Or perhaps replaced with a clear PNG so the app still can call to display it but I don't have to see it at all?

Thanks in advance for your consideration on this and any suggestions in the meantime greatly appreciated.

Rumpelstiltskin

Hi there. Bit of an odd request and I can't see that it has been asked before. I would like the ability to switch off the buffering blue circle animation if possible. My setup is done now and If it were to freeze for whatever reason I would assume buffering and be happy to wait without this circle. 

I have movies set to play 2 trailers and then a classic cinema sting ( like the old Carlton hot poker one) which looks great and perfectly sets the mood of a cinema experience, i am even aiming to set light dimming as a trigger when the folder containing the stings is read. Perhaps an ifttt trigger to dim down the lights would do it. This would all be perfect if it wasn't for the blue circle coming up between every trailer, the sting and the movie!

Can it be switched off at all? Or perhaps replaced with a clear PNG so the app still can call to display it but I don't have to see it at all?

Thanks in advance for your consideration on this and any suggestions in the meantime greatly appreciated.

I have a Synology ds218 and Philips android oled TV with the emby Android TV app. Streaming locally over wired gigabit network LAN

Hi, yes I suppose an option is always possible, but it might not be possible in all apps. In some of the app stores it is mandatory and they will reject your app submission if there's no loading spinner when appropriate.

Rumpelstiltskin
10 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes I suppose an option is always possible, but it might not be possible in all apps. In some of the app stores it is mandatory and they will reject your app submission if there's no loading spinner when appropriate.

That would be great if an option could be included without falling foul of app store requirements.

I wonder if not, how easy it would be to unpack the APK, edit the spinner and repack to sideload back on