Display (or at least have the option to display) movie playlists like normal collections, media hubs, etc.

F1nchy

F1nchy

Hi all
Is it possible to add the option to display movie playlists in the same way that things like your media hubs/sections/nodes (whatever they're called in Emby) are displayed?
At the moment, when I look at a movie playlist it just lists the title of each movie and basic info like run time, and then clicking on one just plays it. This type of display is fine for music where you can have loads of tracks, but for movies I want to be able to look at a playlist I've created, then see them displayed with larger posters, if I click on it I want it to take me to the actual movie details so I can see the details, watch a trailer, etc, but then move back to the playlist and do the same with others. 

I find that using playlists are a good way of creating short lists, watch lists, etc, but currently in Emby it makes them much harder to peruse because it is just like a list of files to play, whereas if it was displayed more as a way of grouping and looking at a selection of movies it would be much more useful. Collections show them this way and favourites kind of does. 

Kind of how Kodi displays movie playlists I guess. It would make playlists considerably more useful for movies than it currently is. The current way makes them mostly useless as a way of creating shortlists and quickly perusing them. 
Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi there, yes I expect we will have something like this in future updates. thanks for the feedback.

F1nchy

Great, thanks. It's the one big shortcoming I currently have with Emby, we really find it hard what movie to watch as I have so many and it's not easy to create mini lists for different mood watchlists, etc.