Video Quality on emby not so good

herstl22

herstl22

How can it be that the video looks much better on the Vlc media player than on emby?

Also emby can't play all souds like atmos

You will need to click on the gear icon on the player and check your speed and resolution.. It is being transcoded into another format.. There may be other setting that also need changing in your profile and server side settings.

herstl22

why is emby transcoding? It is local. Can I chnage it that emby does not transcod?

Yes you can, in 'Manage Server' you will check the settings for..

• Playback.. Home network quality...
  • Network.. Make sure that you have settings indicated correctly here or it will treat things differently, especially if you are using 'Allow remote connections' and connection via web or domain name... ( Less likely.. but yet possible )
  • Check the Settings in the Gear Icon and make sure they are set to Auto.. while in the video Screen.. This setting is saved globally if manually changed.

Edited by Guest

Hi, if you do what's in the post above your you will get a reason why it transcodes as well as other information about playback that can be quite handy.

herstl22

it was on max

Other question can I gave the code for my membership to someones else and it would still work by me?

Edited by herstl22

20 minutes ago, herstl22 said:

it was on max

Other question can I gave the code for my membership to someones else and it would still work by me?

If you mean your Premiere License Key, that would not be a good idea at all.  Your license is for 25 devices so they will get used up faster and then you may have trouble connecting to you own system with additional clients.  Best to have them get their own License Key so they won't cause your system any issues.

You can however use your License key on multiple servers you own as typically the same devices you have will be connecting to both servers.

Hi.  Did you get your questions answered about playback?  Given proper setup and environment, Emby can play your items at full quality.

herstl22
13 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Did you get your questions answered about playback?  Given proper setup and environment, Emby can play your items at full quality.

Yes I did. Thank you