Have to delete device in console for it to connect

deresistance

deresistance

Hey everyone...    So odd issue that started in the past month or two.  I have a fireTV with the emby app on it.   Anytime I go to the app it connects to the server and just spins as the loading screen.    The fix is that I back out of the app on the fire TV,  login to my Emby server and delete the firetv device.    Then go back to the firetv and it connects no issues without any changes.     Is there some saved meta data that is stored in the database that needs to be cleared out to permanently fix this issue?    Figure some of you folks may have a good suggestion to try.

Thanks in advance

Hi, Haven't seen this one before.  This happens everytime you connect with that particular device?

deresistance

Correct.     So each time on my firetv if I go to emby it loads empy and spins on loading and never connects.  left it a full hour once lol.    I have other fireTVs that work fine same network and server.    I have tried factory resetting this firetv fully and reload it.   Same issue persisted.   Thats when I have to go into the emby server, delete the fireTV device from devices.    Then instantly the firetv connects.   However if I exit firetv and go back in boom it will do the loading loop =/

Thanks for that clear explanation.  This is something @ebr will likely need logs to look at from the device.

Hi.  Make sure the addresses shown on your server dashboard are correct for accessing your server.

deresistance

@ebr you may be onto something.. I had a second IP/subnet on my server as I replaced my primary router not to long ago.  I removed that second IP.   I also adjusted my servers IP to be static and gave it a fixed name on my router.  To ensure DNS is also set.  Rebooted server and retested.   This seems to have fixed the issue.   Gonna cycle it a few times over the next day or two and see if it pops up.  I will update accordingly I appreciate the help. 

• Like 1

deresistance

Yep so no issues since then.   So I think that 2nd IP I had on the server must have been messing with it.   Thanks againf or your help ebr and cayars

• Like 1