Missing buttons on native Android TV

pir8radio

pir8radio

So I’m trying to change the settings on the live TV guide using the ... menu When I change the settings I found that there are two hidden buttons but you can’t see them on the GUI so the settings never save unless you just go straight down and click OK but there’s no button on the screen as you can see in the screenshot, to save the settings.   And before you ask, the screen is not stretched or set to over scan..  this is a TV with built in android. 

4A0F0F37-7051-42AE-9968-A2914D2B298C.jpeg

Edited by pir8radio

This same screen in the web app doesn't have a save button.

Are you sure the settings aren't being save as you change them?

There are buttons.

Hmmm... Are the text size settings on this TV set to something other than 100%? 

image.png

pir8radio
25 minutes ago, ebr said:

There are buttons.

image.png

No, right out of the box new....   And i only see like 4-5 guide channels in the view, which is why i went to enable compact layout.    

pir8radio
30 minutes ago, ebr said:

There are buttons.

image.png

I just double checked no weird settings nothing that I can even change for zoom or font size or anything.  You are a few screen pictures.  

4B143F5A-AF57-40A5-8537-357505F694FA.jpeg

0A699342-60A1-4F0D-9F19-A86E5B73B973.jpeg

3CE2908F-501E-4982-93EF-2EBABF574072.jpeg

Just now, pir8radio said:

I just double checked no weird settings nothing that I can even change for zoom or font size or anything

You looked in the Android/device menus, not our app, correct?

pir8radio
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

What is the TV resolution?

3 minutes ago, ebr said:

Correct, I'll look again see if i missed anything.

TV Info:  https://assets.hisense-usa.com/assets/ProductDownloads/250/982e8010c0/43H5500G-Spec-Release_V08102020.pdf

pir8radio
8 minutes ago, ebr said:

Just looked again, these android tv's with the built in OS don't have the same "android tv" menus you would find on an Nvidia shield or something like that.   So i only have access to basic normal tv settings through the android menus..   like hue, tint, etc nothing for scaling, stretching or anything like that. I have a 70 or 80 something I don't remember, same model 4k tv and the buttons are there on that one.   Just not this 43" version.    That said, like i said earlier, the buttons are down there somewhere, i can use the D pad to click down and i hear the feedback tone acknowledge that I'm on a selection, and i can click it to save..   Just seems like the android app doesn't account for all systems..

• Like 1

pünktchen

On AndroidTV based smart-tv's the gui resolution is always one step lower than the display resolution. So for your 1080p model the gui resolution will be 720p. Unfortunately the Emby app doesn't scale correctly on those tv's. I have the same problem on a Philips tv and even reported it some years ago. It's just wrong what the Emby app does here!

Edited by pünktchen

Everything is scaling properly except for a couple of situations there.  All the text is correct and most of the layout is correct.  The only odd places are the spacing between the info area and the actual channels in the guide and between the options and the buttons on that dialog.

I should remove the buttons from the dialog but I also need to figure out why those two situations are being treated differently.

Edit:  The channels are too tall as well...

pir8radio
8 hours ago, ebr said:

Everything is scaling properly except for a couple of situations there.  All the text is correct and most of the layout is correct.  The only odd places are the spacing between the info area and the actual channels in the guide and between the options and the buttons on that dialog.

I should remove the buttons from the dialog but I also need to figure out why those two situations are being treated differently.

Edit:  The channels are too tall as well...

Yes i would agree with all of that..  I should note the home screen buttons seem a bit large too, but Im not quite sure..  I can add a picture if needed.     Yea i have limited views of channels was the thing that got me looking at this in the first place..    like 3 1/2 EPG lines are visible which was annoying me.    

Let me know if you need me to test anything or do anything to help.