Custom Profiles for Sony STR A/V Receivers

martincom

martincom

Attached are two custom profiles for Sony A/V Receivers.  According to the receivers' specifications, they are capable of direct playing wma files and others.  Despite my best efforts, I was not able to make either receiver direct play wma files or anything else, other than mp3.  I didn't spend hardly any time attempting to achieve successful video playback, as the receiver's specifications indicate they are rather limited in the resolutions they'll support.  The receivers will play wma files from Windows Media Player.

This profile does support transcoding of wma files, and presumably other types, to playback as mp3.  So I did get a bone for my efforts.

Other than the Operator's Manuals specifications, I couldn't find any detailed and more specific information as to the exact container/codec definitions the receivers are expecting.  Neither receiver was listed in the "products" category at DLNA.org.  Also, neither receiver broadcasts DLNA connection messages and as such, the DLNA parameters would not appear in the DeviceSpy tool.  So no "sink" protocols are available from the receivers.

As documentation is still forthcoming on creating custom profiles within Emby, I'm likely missing something that is required.  Perhaps someone else is knowledgeable.

The two specific receivers I tested with are the STR-DA5500ES, which utilizes the Sony STR A V Receivers (2011) profile and the STR-DA5600ES utilizing the Sony STR A V Receivers (2015) profile.  These profiles should work for other STR receivers in the same model series, ie STR-DA( )600ES and STR-DA( )500ES.

For a Windows OS, these .xml custom profiles would be copied into this directory: (Drive letter):\Users\(user name the Emby installation was performed by)\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\Programdata\Config\DLNA\user  A re-start of Emby will be required for these to appear in Dashboard-DLNA-Profiles.

Sony STR A V Receivers (2011).xml Sony STR A V Receivers (2015).xml STR-DA5500ES DLNA Specs.pdf STR-DA5600ES DLNA Specs.pdf

Edited by martincom