Chromecast with Google TV direct play error

danbas

danbas

My Chromecast with Google TV (new model) was playing everything including 4k remuxes, perfectly on my LGC9 until about a day ago.

Now it's giving me 'direct play error' in stats for nerds, even for 1080p files. LG webos appears not to have the same problem but the Chromecast is my preferred device. Please can someone help me troubleshoot. Thanks!

Edited by dannyboy1234

Hi, if you could supply the info requested here it would be a great help. Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi.  Specifically from that article, please follow the instructions for sending a log from the app.  Thanks.

• Like 1

danbas
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Specifically from that article, please follow the instructions for sending a log from the app.  Thanks.

I enabled debug option, recreated the 'direct play error' while playing Jurassic Park III in 4k and clicked send log at 1347 EST. Emby username dannyboy1234. I updated to emby android tv beta to see if that would resolve the issue but it has not. Let me know if you need anything else! thanks

It is throwing an error initializing the audio track.  Did you change any settings on the device or the way it is hooked up or anything else about your setup?  Have you tried re-starting the device?

• Like 1

danbas
1 minute ago, ebr said:

It is throwing an error initializing the audio track.  Did you change any settings on the device or the way it is hooked up or anything else about your setup?  Have you tried re-starting the device?

No I've not made any major changes to the setup. Ill try restarting it again and see if that works, if not ill factory reset it and use the stable emby release instead of the beta. 

At least I can use webos for the timebeing so I can get my media fix. Its just frustrating when it worked perfect before and all of sudden it doesnt. As soon as theyre in stock i will get an odroid n2+ for emby with kodi but date keeps on getting set back. 

danbas

I factory reset but now I'm getting 'premiere device exceeded' message and when I go to unlock app, restore unlock it tells me unlock not purchased. I'm a little apprehensive to pay a second time when its probably not working anyway 

Oh nevermind now it's restored my purchase

Edited by dannyboy1234

danbas

I've got it working! With the downmix to stereo option. I don't recall seeing it on the beta app but I probably overlooked it oops