Automatically downloading forced subtitles

wakeboarder141

wakeboarder141

It seems like I have my scheduled tasks setup to automatically download forced subtitles for non English parts of movies, but I still have to manually download them when movies are missing them.  Is the task just missing the parts in the movies, or am I misunderstanding what the download subtitles task does?  I have subtitles set to English, and forced only.

Hi, can you show us what you have configured this to in one of your libraries?

A screen shot of these settings would be ideal.

crusher11

There's no setting to download forced subtitles. Those settings should be downloading English subtitles for every film.

rbjtech

The automatic download of forced only subtitles (and to the name as .forced) is something I've been battling with for sometime. 

The best solution I've come up with thus far is to use Bazarr - but even that doesn't seem to pick everything up properly.

I think the key issue is the quality of the 'forced' tagging by the sub providers - it seems very hit and miss.

btw - I believe there is a Feature Request for this to be included within Emby  ..

edit - here it is - https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/81395-add-forced-subtitles-only-option-for-automatic-subtitle-downloading/&tab=comments#comment-830248  please 'Like' to add your support.. ;)

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
SynesthesiaBruh

Hey @rbjtech, do you know if this was ever implemented? It was supposed to come with 4.7 but I'm on 4.8.3 and I don't think the subtitle preferences ever got this added.

rbjtech
On 23/03/2024 at 05:42, SynesthesiaBruh said:

Hey @rbjtech, do you know if this was ever implemented? It was supposed to come with 4.7 but I'm on 4.8.3 and I don't think the subtitle preferences ever got this added.

Forced subs works in 4.8 - you select it in the library subtitle options.   

• Like 1

RanmaCanada

Just a reminder, pending on your subtitle source, some places limit free users to 10 subs a day.  

• Agree 1

SynesthesiaBruh

Wait I need to add a source as in give emby a link to a website that is basically a database of forced subtitles?

I've never heard of this what are some of these websites?

Edited by SynesthesiaBruh

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, SynesthesiaBruh said:

Wait I need to add a source as in give emby a link to a website that is basically a database of forced subtitles?

Just subtitle plugins are the source provider.

In the catalog

image.thumb.png.27574af25e9b0b26fc814bd2eb9f961b.png

• Like 2

Happy2Play

But will say I have no idea on what site besides OpenSuptitles that actually provide Forced subs.

21 hours ago, SynesthesiaBruh said:

Hi, you don’t need to do this. Open subtitle support is included with the server. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

SynesthesiaBruh

Thanks. Pretty sure I have that setting enabled but I have movies that should have forced subtitles that don't but Emby isn't auto downloading them. Do you know what setting I need to check off and where it is? 

15 minutes ago, SynesthesiaBruh said:

Thanks. Pretty sure I have that setting enabled but I have movies that should have forced subtitles that don't but Emby isn't auto downloading them. Do you know what setting I need to check off and where it is? 

Hi there, how did you setup automatic subtitle downloading?

• Like 1